1. Have you ever wondered what happens to a retraining application after it is sent to the MAJCOM? Basically, each application is screened by a MAJCOM retraining technician to ensure every application meets the specific Air Force guidelines set forth in AFI 36-2626, AFMAN 36-2108, the Military Personnel Data System (MILPDS), and other Air Force guidance.
a. Each applicant's record is checked to ensure all quality control factors such as High Year of Tenure (HYT), Assignment Limitation Codes (ALC), Assignment Availability Codes (AAC), reenlistment eligibility (RE), and Record Status meet retraining standards.
b. MILPDS is then checked to determine all requested AFSCs have retraining-in and retraining-out quotas (if applicable)
c. The application is reviewed to ensure all AFSC specific requirements are satisfied and all mandatory documents included.
d. If required, the application is forwarded to the MAJCOM functional manager for recommendation of approval or disapproval.
e. Once all steps are completed, the application is submitted to HQ AFPC either by update of MILPDS, E-Mail, or Fax. The MAJCOM process takes approximately 5 working days for applications that do not require functional review and an additional 10 working days for applications that require functional review. Waiver requests/EOPs require additional processing time at all levels.
2. First Term Airmen: Once the application flows to HQ AFPC, the package is "held" until the next QRP board. Boards are computer generated and run the third week of each month, however, all packages must be loaded no later than the second Friday of the month.
a. A computer generated product is produced at AFPC to "rack and stack" the applicant for each AFSC they requested using the Quality Retraining Program (QRP) criteria (see AFI 36-2626, Para 220.127.116.11).
b. AFPC then determines how many quotas are to be given for that board and approves that number of applications. Each applicant will meet up to three consecutive computer generated boards prior to final approval/disapproval. Exceptions to this include, but are not limited to the following:
(1) Members on the CJR waiting list may reapply for retraining if they are not within 120 days of their date of separation. Airmen will meet one final QRP board after they surpass the 120 day point. If the member is not selected for retraining, the application will be disapproved.
(2) First term airmen who reenlist prior to meeting three boards are now second term airmen and no longer eligible to retrain under the CAREERS program.
(3) All retraining-in quotas have been exhausted.
(4) Members who become ineligible for retraining prior to approval/disapproval.
3. Second term airmen are processed on a first come, first served basis. MILPDS is a real-time system. As applications are input, the number of quotas on the advisory are reduced in both the retraining-in (members first choice only) and retraining-out AFSCs. Therefore, it is imperative that you verify the number of quotas available on the advisory just before you send the application to the MAJCOM. AFPC then determines whether or not the application can be approved or disapproved and updates the system accordingly.
General Retraining Information
FY 07 NCORP retraining in and out objectives are now available in MILPDS. This will help to fill the classes starting in October. Ensure that Airmen applying for retraining meet the following eligibility criteria:
4.5. Special Retraining Programs.
4.5.1. Pararescue (PJ) - 1T2X1 and Combat Control (CCT) - 1C2X1 Retraining Procedures
18.104.22.168. Eligibility Criteria:
22.214.171.124.1. First term airmen may begin retraining application processing once they complete33 months TAFMS (4 year enlistee) or 57 months TAFMS (6 year enlistee). This ensures the physical is complete when applicant applies during the normal retraining window. If applicant retraining window closes prior to completion, do not disapprove if based solely on this factor.
126.96.36.199.2. First term airmen may apply for retraining prior to their normal CAREERS window if they have served a minimum of 24 months (36 months for 6 year enlistees) of their enlistment. Submit as an exception to policy. Members will use their CAREERS options.
188.8.131.52.3. Members may apply regardless of the retraining-in or retraining-out objectives listed for their AFSC (AFTMS retraining note 518 applies).
184.108.40.206.4. Ensure member's EPRs have ratings of overall 3 or higher.
220.127.116.11. Physical Ability Stamina Test (PAST) Criteria and procedures:
18.104.22.168.1. Applicants will contact nearest PJ or CCT unit to have test administered. If PJ or CCT unit is over 100 miles from member's unit, the test will be administered by the immediate supervisor. Record PAST results on unit letterhead. Test administrators should sign and have commanders indorse test results.
22.214.171.124.2. For PAST criteria see The PAST Criteria Page.
126.96.36.199. MPF Responsibilities:
188.8.131.52.1. Ensure member applies for either PJ or CCT. Member cannot list either as their second choice. Since both AFSCs train to the same standard at indoctrination training, elimination from one AFSC eliminates the member from the other.
184.108.40.206.2. Ensure member completes PAST and documents results on letterhead from administering unit.
220.127.116.11.3. MPF and member should work closely with the Flight Surgeons Office (FSO) to complete flying class III physical in a timely manner. MPF should advise member to schedule an appointment with the FSO as early as possible. CCT retraining applicants must also meet the physical requirements for air traffic control duty.
18.104.22.168.4. Forward completed retraining application to member's MAJCOM for validation of retraining eligibility.
22.214.171.124.5. For CONUS applicants, the following information is required in the application:
126.96.36.199.5.1. PAST test results, copies of last 3 EPRs, and a records review RIP.
188.8.131.52.5.2. Copy of complete flying class III physical documented on AF Form 1042,Medical Recommendation for Flying or Special Operational Duty. FSO is responsible for sending original physical to HQ AETC/SGPS for review and approval. HQ AETC/SGPS will place approval stamp on physical and return to member's FSO. Once physical is returned to FSO, a copy of the original is attached to retraining application. Do not send the original physical with application. The AF Form 1042, by itself and without stamp, isn't acceptable.
184.108.40.206.6. Personnel assigned overseas cannot formally apply for PJ retraining until they are reassigned back to CONUS.
220.127.116.11. MAJCOM Responsibilities:
18.104.22.168.1. MAJCOM reviews application and updates AFTMS.
22.214.171.124.2. If member successfully completes the PJ or CCT indoctrination course, further instructions for pipeline training will be forwarded to member's MPF by 342 TRS/CTF. Those eliminated from indoctrination training will return to home unit with an AETC Form 125A,Record of Administrative Training Action. The 125A will provide reasons as to why member was eliminated and may indicate instructions for future consideration to attend training. Those who self-eliminate from training are not reconsidered for further retraining into the PJ or CCT AFSC.
NEW Age Limit information
Basic Retraining Procedures:
- CDQC has had an age limit for years (27) but we've been getting around that.
- Retrainee's over 12-13 years in service has usually been the line in the cutoff.
- Exceptions have been made.
- AF cannot bring anyone in over 28 unless member has previous active duty experience which is subtracted from the age to get below the 28.
- We're not stopping people based on age except for TAFMS.
No Special duty application is required. Personnel assigned overseas are not permitted to formally apply for PJ/CCT retraining until they are reassigned back to a CONUS assignment in their Control AFSC. However, they may submit a letter of intent to their MPF and include the following information:
- Name, Rank, SSN
- Ratings from last 3 EPR's ( no less than an overall 3 rating on each EPR)
- Unit and MPF message address, voice and FAX DSN numbers
- Gaining unit and MPF message address, voice and FAX DSN number (if known). If this information is not known at time of letter submission, please forward information as soon as it is made available.
- Current mailing address
- PAST test results.
- AFSC Desired. Member cannot list PJ as first choice and CCT as second choice or Vice Versa. Member's assigned overseas where medical facilities exist must complete a flying class III physical no more than 3 months prior to DEROS. This will help expedite members retraining application once assigned in the CONUS. Physical must be completed IAW message in April (FSO should have a copy) regarding class III physicals for PJ/CCT. Upon receipt of this letter of intent, the servicing MPF will transmit a message relaying members intent and information to HQAETC/TTRL with info copies to HQ AETC/DDPAET, members gaining MAJCOM, unit, and MPF.
- For CONUS applicants the following info is required:
- PAST test results
- Copy of complete flying class III physical. FSO must complete physical IAW PJ/CCT message. FSO will send original physical to HQ AETC/SGPS for review approval. AETC will put approval stamp on physical and return to member's FSO. Once physical is returned to FSO, a copy of the original physical should be made and attached to retraining application. Do not send original physicals with application. AF Form 1042, by itself and without stamp, is not acceptable.
- Copies of last 3 EPR's (same as above)
- Records review listing
Your records will be screened by MPF as follows:
- Member may apply regardless of the retraining in or out objectives listed for their AFSC.
- Ensure member picks either PJ OR CCT
- Ensure member completes PAST and results are documented on letterhead from administering unit. Members are encouraged to contact nearest PJ/CCT unit to have test administered. If PJ/CCT unit is over 100 miles from members unit, the test can be administered by member's immediate supervisor.
- Ensure no lower than a 3 overall for any EPR
- Ensure member meets eligibility requirements outlined in AFI 36-2626
- Ensure MPF and FSO work closely with candidate to complete flying class III physical in a timely manner. Do it early!
- MPF will forward completed retraining application to embers MAJCOM for validation of retraining eligibility.
- MAJCOM reviews application and updates AFTMS and forwards application to HQ AETC/DPPEC, Randolph AFB TX 78150-5001
- HQ AETC/DPPEC will review, log-in, and forward application to HQ AETC/TTRL for approval/dissapproval
- HQ AETC/TTRL will provide message traffic on all approved applications to members unit and MPF scheduling member for the 10 week Pararescue indoctrination course (L3AQR1T231-000) or 2 week CCT (L3AQR1C231-000) orientation course at Lackland AFB TX. Message will include class, fund cite, and uniform requirements information. Disapproved applications will be returned with letter of explanation.
- Members must stay in shape physically and be prepared mentally for 10 weeks of calisthenics, running, swimming, underwater confidence training, weight training, dive physics, metrics, and medical terminology academics.
- If member successfully completes the PJ indoctrination course, further instructions for pipeline training will be forwarded to members MPF by 342 TRS/CTF VIA AFTMS. Members who are eliminated from course for medical reasons or standards failure will be handled on a case by case basis concerning second attempts at completing indoctrination course. Members who self-eliminate from training will not be re-considered for further retraining into the PJ or CCT AFSC's. Members eliminated from indoctrination training will return to home unit with an AETC form 125A, record of administrative training action. The 125A will provide reasons as to why member was eliminated and may indicate instructions for future consideration to attend training. 125A should be filed in members retraining file.
Other ServicesArmy, Coast Guard, Navy, and Marines!! Those interested in entering active Air Force for Pararescue or Combat Control contact:
GO TO THE CONTACT PAGE AND FIND THE APPROPRIATE POC
Prior Service Program policy:
1. Must be separated from service.
2. Must forward resume.
3. Will lose TIG but we're working to amend policy so that you can keep at least half TIG.
4. E-5's must have 5 years 6 months active time to keep stripe. E-6's must have 10 years.
5. 12 TAFMS is cap for entry into AF PJ or CCT. Can be waived up to 13 but done on case by case and based on your qualifications/MOS/NEC etc.
ALL CROSS-SERVICE PERSONNEL THAT ARE ENTERING PARARESCUE TRAINING WILL ATTEND THE PJ/CRO INDOCTRINATION COURSE, REGARDLESS OF PRIOR QUALIFICATIONS.
NOTE: PRIOR SERVICE IS CURRENTLY OPEN FOR PARARESCUE AND COMBAT CONTROL. PROCEDURES/REQUIREMENTS ARE FOUND ON THE DOCUMENTS PAGE.
Fiscal year 07 Retraining procedures:
SUBJECT: FY07 NCO RETRAINING PROGRAM (NCORP) ANNOUNCEMENT (PHASE I)
1. THIS MESSAGE ANNOUNCES IMPLEMENTATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR (PHASE I) OF THE FY07 NCO RETRAINING PROGRAM (NCORP).
2. THIS MESSAGE IS IN IX PARTS:
PART I - BACKGROUND
PART II - PROGRAM OVERVIEW
PART III - ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
PART IV - SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS (SRB) PART V - CSS RESPONSIBILITIES PART VI - PERSCO RESPONSIBILITIES PART VII - AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER RESPONSIBILITIES PART VIII - AFPC/DPPAET RESPONSIBILITIES PART IX - CLOSING
3. PART I - BACKGROUND
A. HISTORICALLY, WE HAVE RETRAINED NCOS FROM CAREER FIELDS WITH OVERAGES TO CAREER FIELDS WITH SHORTAGES. AS IN THE PAST, THE FY07 PROGRAM'S GOAL IS TO BALANCE THE ENLISTED FORCE.
B. DURING THE FY07 NCORP, THERE WILL BE APPROXIMATELY 1,113 OPPORTUNITIES FOR RETRAINING INTO AFSC'S WITH SHORTAGES AND SPECIAL DUTY IDENTIFIERS (8XXXX) (I.E. MILITARY TRAINING INSTRUCTOR, MILITARY TRAINING LEADER, RECRUITERS, POSTAL DUTIES, ETC).
4. PART II- PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
THE NCORP IS A TWO PHASE PROGRAM; PHASE I IS VOLUNTARY WHILE PHASE II (IF IMPLEMENTED) IS INVOLUNTARY. IT'S IMPORTANT FOR ALL IDENTIFIED INDIVIDUALS TO UNDERSTAND ONCE IDENTIFIED FOR RETRAINING IN PHASE I, THEY CONTINUE TO BE VULNERABLE IN PHASE II UNLESS RETRAINED, RELEASED OR SEPARATED.
A. THIS MESSAGE IMPLEMENTS PHASE I (VOLUNTARY) OF THE NCORP THAT WILL START 26 JUL 06 AND TERMINATE 18 SEP 06. IF NECESSARY, PHASE II (INVOLUNTARY) WILL BEGIN SHORTLY AFTERWARDS IN ANY AFSC THAT DID NOT MEET VOLUNTARY RETRAINING OUT PROGRAM TARGETS.
B. UPON RELEASE OF THIS MESSAGE, AFPC/DPPAET WILL IDENTIFY INDIVIDUALS SUSCEPTIBLE FOR INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING AND UPDATE "PB-I" TO DESIGNATE MEMBER IS ON HOLD FOR THE DURATION OF THE FY07 NCORP. AFPC/DPPAET WILL NOTIFY THESE INDIVIDUALS VIA RIP AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGE THEM TO APPLY FOR RETRAINING INTO SHORTAGE SKILLS AS IDENTIFIED IN MILPDS OR TO APPLY FOR ANY SPECIAL DUTY IDENTIFIERS (8XXXX) (I.E. MILTARY TRAINING INSTRUCTOR, MILITARY TRAINING LEADER, RECRUITERS, POSTAL DUTIES, ETC.). IF INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO RETRAINING INTO AN AFSC DICTATED BY THE AIR STAFF AND DO HAVE AN APPROVED SPECIAL DUTY APPLICATION BY 1 OCT 06, THEN THEY ARE INELIGIBLE TO TAKE ANY VOLUNTARY ACTION THAT MAKES THEM INELIGIBLE FOR RETRAINING (I.E., VOLUNTEER FOR PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS), SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT (OTHER THAN 8XXXX), 365 DAY TDY DEPLOYMENT, OR PALACE CHASE, ETC). IN ADDITION TO THOSE IDENTIFIED AS VULNERABLE, ANYONE IN AN AFSC/GRADE IDENTIFIED AS AN OVERAGE MAY APPLY FOR AVAILABLE QUOTAS PROVIDING THEY MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
C. ROSTERS SHOWING THOSE IDENTIFIED IN PHASE I AS SUSCEPTIBLE FOR INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING WILL BE SORTED BY AFSC AND IN ORDER OF VULNERABILITY AND WILL BE POSTED ON A SECURE WEBPAGE ACCESSIBLE AT VMPF NLT COB 26 JUL 06. MEMBERS CAN ALSO VIEW THEIR CURRENT STANDING BY LINKING TO HTTPS://WWW.AFPC.RANDOLPH.AF.MIL/ENLSKILLS/RETRAINING/ENLSKILLASP.ASP
LOCATED AT THE ON-LINE RETRAINING ACTION IN THE VMPF. THERE WILL BE A RETRAINING BUTTON TO TAKE THEM TO THE LISTING OF AFSCS AND GRADES. BY CLICKING ON THEIR GRADE (OR PROJECTED GRADE), THEY WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEIR CURRENT RANKING AMONGST THOSE VULNERABLE. IN ADDITION, A LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WILL BE POSTED TO <>.
D. IF PHASE II IS IMPLEMENTED, INDIVIDUALS IN THOSE AFSCS NOT MEETING THE RETRAINING OUT PROGRAM TARGET WILL CONTINUE TO BE IDENTIFIED UNTIL THE END OF PHASE II. THOSE SELECTED UNDER PHASE II WILL RECEIVE AN APPROVAL RIP FOR AN AFSC PICKED BY AFPC/DPPAET. THE FOLLOWING NCORP DECLINATION POLICY WILL BE IN EFFECT DURING PHASE II ONLY. A SUSPENSE DATE WILL BE ESTABLISHED DURING PHASE II TO ENSURE SUBMISSION OF ALL ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR RETRAINING. IF SUSPENSE DATE IS NOT MET, INDIVIDUALS IDENTIFIED TO RETRAIN WILL BE SEPARATED ON THEIR DOS/ETS, BE INELIGIBLE FOR PROMOTION, ASSIGNMENT, AND REENLISTMENT/EXTENSIONS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THEIR ENLISTMENT.
E. SELECTION CRITERIA: INDIVIDUALS FROM ELIGIBLE YEAR GROUPS WILL BE SORTED BY DATE OF RANK (DOR) WITHIN THE TARGET GRADE AND AFSC; THOSE WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) WILL APPEAR AT THE TOP OF THE LIST.
F. ALL MEMBERS IDENTIFIED IN PHASE I AS VULNERABLE FOR INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING AND ARE IN UNRESTRICTED SURPLUS AFSCS, ARE ADVISED THEY CAN APPLY FOR ANY SPECIAL DUTY IDENTIFIERS (8XXXX) TO INCLUDE RETRAINING INTO ANY CHRONIC CRITICAL SKILLS (CCS). ALL MEMBERS IDENTIFIED IN PHASE I MUST APPLY FOR A SPECIAL DUTY IDENTIFIERS NLT 18 SEP 06 AND WILL BE NOTIFIED OF APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL BY 1 OCT 06. AFTER 18 SEP 06, ALL IDENTIFIED MEMBERS WILL BE INELIGIBLE TO VOLUNTEER FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT, PCS, 365-DAY TDY DEPLOYMENT, OR PALACE CHASE. APPLICATIONS FOR THESE SPECIAL PROGRAMS MUST BE APPROVED BY 1 OCT 06 TO BE REMOVED FROM PHASE II VULUNERABILITY.
5. PART III - ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
AIRMEN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR RETRAINING UNDER THE FY07 NCORP IF THEY MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
A. ARE ON THEIR SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT ENLISTMENT.
B. HAVE A CURRENT OR PROJECTED GRADE IS SSGT THROUGH SMSGT (REQUIREMENTS WILL BE BASED ON GRADE). IF PROJECTED FOR PROMOTION, ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST APPLY FOR AFSCS WITH SHORTAGES IN THEIR PROJECTED GRADE.
C. HAVE A TAFMSD OF:
(1) SMSGT - 8202 AND LATER
(2) MSGT - 8902 AND LATER
(3) TSGTS & SSGTS - 9102 AND LATER (EXCEPTION: 1N3XXX TAFMSD: SSGTS & TSGTS - 9002 AND LATER: AND 1N3X5D - 8901 OR LATER)
(4) SECOND TERM SENIOR AIRMEN MAY APPLY FOR SSGT QUOTAS PROVIDED THEIR TAFMSD IS 0002 (FEB 2002) AND LATER. INDIVIDUALS MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN REQUIRED RETAINABILITY FOR DESIRED AFSCS.
(5) THE FOLLOWING AFSCS ARE THE RETRAINING-OUT OBJECTIVES FOR
THE FY07 NCORP. IDENTIFIED INDIVIDUALS MUST PAY CLOSE ATTENTION THE RETRAINING RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO THEIR AFSC.
AFSC TITLE GRD/QUOTAS RETRNG-IN RESTRICTIONS
1N3X2A ROMAN CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-17 1A8X1 ONLY
1N3X2B PORTUGUESE LINGUIST SSG-1 NONE
1N3X3A SLAVIC CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-18 (SRA) 5-1A8XX
(SSG) 6-J, K,
M OR R
1N3X3D SLAVIC CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-15 (SSG) 5-1A8XX
1N3X4A FAR EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-10 1A8X1 ONLY
1N3X4B FAR EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-5/TSG-1 ANY 1NXXXX OR
1N3X4C THAI CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-1 ANY 1NXXXX
1N3X4D FAR EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-1 ANY 1NXXXX
1N3X4G FAR EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-5 1A8X1 ONLY
1N3X5A MID EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-5 1A8X1 ONLY
1N3X5B FAR EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-1 1N3X5A ONLY
1N3X5C MID EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-3 1A8X1 ONLY
1N3X5D MID EAST CRYPTO LINGUIST SSG-5 1A8X1 ONLY
2A0X1A AVIONICS SYS, F-15 SSG-10/TSG-30 NONE
2A0X1B AVIONICS SYS, HELICOPTER SSG-30/TSG-10 NONE
2A0X1D ELECT WARFARE SYS SSG-10 NONE
2A5X1K AEROSPACE MAINT, B-1/B-2 SSG-20 NONE
2A6X2 AEROSPACE GROUND EQUIP SSG-40/TSG-20 NONE
2E0X1 GROUND RADAR SYSTEMS SSG-30/TSG-3 NONE
2E6X2 COMM CABLE & ANT SYS TSG-20 NONE
2M0X2 MISSILE & SPACE SYS MAINT SSG-10/TSG-10 NONE
2M0X3 MISSILE & SPACE SYS OPER SSG-10/TSG-15 NONE
2S0X1 SUPPLY MGMT TSG-20/MSG-20 NONE
3C0X1 COMM COMP SYS OPER SSG-100/TSG-40 NONE
3C2X1 COMM COMPUTER SYS CON SSG-130 NONE
3E0X1 ELECTRICAL SYS SSG-20 NONE
3E0X2 ELECTRIC POWER PRO SSG-10 NONE
3E1X1 STRUCTURAL SSG-10 NONE
3E4X1 UTILITIES SYS SSG-15 NONE
3E4X2 LIQUID FUEL SYST MAINT SSG-5 NONE
3P0X1 SECURITY FORCES SSG-180 A/B SHREDS
A SHRED - 100
B SHRED - 80
4J0X2 PHYSICAL MEDICINE TSG-3 4J0X2A ONLY
4N0X1 AEROSPACE MED SVC SSG-54/TSG-40 (SSG) B/C
B SHRED - 4
C SHRED - 50
(TSG) C SHRED
4N1X1 SURGICAL SVC SSG-3/TSG-3 (SSG) B/D
B SHRED - 2
D SHRED - 1
C SHRED - 2
D SHRED - 1
4R0X1 DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING SSG-17/TSG-4 (SSG) A/B ONLY
A SHRED - 7
B SHRED - 10
(TSG) A SHRED
A SHRED - 4
4T0X1 MED LABORATORY SSG-20 NONE
4V0X1 OPTOMETRY SSG-3/MSG-4 (SSG) A SHRED
A SHRED - 3
6F0X1 FINANCIAL MGMT TSG-40/MSG-10 NONE
D. HAVE A DATE OF AVAILABILITY (DOA) BASED OFF AN ASSIGNMENT AVAILABILITY CODE (AAC) OR DATE ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN FROM OVERSEAS (DEROS) BETWEEN FEB - AUG 07 (EXCEPTION: 1N3XXX AAC OR DEROS IS AUG 08) OR EARLIER OR HAS AN INDEFINITE DEROS (ORIGINAL DEROS MUST EXPIRE ON OR BEFORE AUG 07 OR AUG 08 FOR 1N3XXX). (SEE PARA 7E BELOW)
E. HAVE A CONTROLLED DUTY ASSIGNMENT DATE WHICH EXPIRES ON OR BEFORE AUG 07 (EXCEPTION: 1N3XXX EXPIRES ON OR BEFORE AUG 08).
F. ARE NOT PROJECTED FOR RETIREMENT/SEPARATION, PCS, 365-TDY DAY DEPLOYMENT, OR RETRAINING.
G. MUST HAVE A REENLISTMENT ELIGIBILITY CODE IN A 1 OR 3 SERIES.
H. HAVE AN OVERALL RATING OF 3 OR HIGHER ON LAST EPR.
I. ARE A U.S. CITIZEN.
J. POSSESS A 5-SKILL LEVEL (3-SKILL LEVEL IF NO 5-SKILL LEVEL EXISTS) OR ABOVE SKILL LEVEL IN THEIR CAFSC.
K. HAVE NO UIF ON FILE WITH CODES "2" OR "3" (UIF CODE "1" IS ACCEPTABLE).
L. HAVE NO PENDING ACTION UNDER ARTICLE 15, OR PUNISHMENT, INCLUDING ANY PERIOD OF SUSPENSION, UNDER ARTICLE 15 THAT HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED.
6. PART IV SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS (SRB)
A. ANY PHASE I INDIVIDUALS WHO CURRENTLY HAVE AN SRB AND DESIRES TO VOLUNTARY RETRAIN INTO AN AFSC WITH A LOWER SRB AFSC, MAY SUBMIT A RETRAINING APPLICATION AS AN EXCEPTION TO POLICY.
B. FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE IDENTIFIED TO RETRAIN IN PHASE II
(INVOLUNTARY), ALL SRB PROVISIONS ARE WAIVED AND THE MEMBERS MAY BE SELECTED TO RETRAIN INTO ANY AFSC REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE AFSC HAS A LOWER, EQUAL TO, OR HIGHER SRB.
7. PART V - CSS RESPONSIBILITIES
A. THE CSS WILL HAVE THE OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY OF MANAGING THE FY07 NCO RETRAINING PROGRAM AND WILL TAKE ON THE ROLE OF NOTIFYING THE MEMBER, AND ENSURING THE MEMBER IS COUNSELED AND MEETS THE AFSC REQUIREMENTS. CSS'S WILL NOTIFY THE AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER (HQ AFPC/DPSCC)NLT 1 AUG 06 AT THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS: AFPC.RETRAINING.CLASS@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL OF THOSE INDIVIDUALS NOTIFIED OF RETRAINING VULNERABILITY WHO ARE EITHER NO LONGER ELIGIBLE OR SHOULD NOT BE VULNERABLE. THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE E-MAIL SHOULD READ: FY07 NCORP REQUEST FOR REMOVAL FROM THE VULNERABLE LIST. THE CSS WILL PROVIDE SPECIFICS AS TO WHY MEMBER IS NOT ELIGIBLE/VULNERABLE SO AFPC/DPPAET MAY DETERMINE IF THE MEMBER SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE VULNERABILITY LISTING; (I.E., SELECTED FOR ASSIGNMENT, ETC). AN INDIVIDUAL WILL NOT BE REMOVED FROM VULNERABILITY UNTIL AFPC/DPPAET SENDS CONFIRMED REMOVAL NOTIFICATION IN WRITING.
B. CSS WILL FORWARD ANY REQUESTS TO REMOVE AN ELIGIBLE MEMBER FROM THE VULNERABILITY LISTING TO THE AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER. THE REQUEST MUST BE FROM THE WING COMMANDER OR EQUIVALENT WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR JUSTIFICATION. MANNING IS NOT JUSTIFICATION. THE AF CONTACT CENTER WILL PROVIDE RECOMMENDATION AND FORWARD TO AFPC/DPPAET. DPPAET WILL COORDINATE ALL REQUESTS WITH HQ AIR FORCE FOR FINAL APPROVAL. DEADLINE FOR REMOVAL REQUESTS IS 1 AUG 06.
C. VERIFY APPLICATIONS MEET THE PREREQUISITES IN AIR FORCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING COURSE ANNOUNCEMENTS (ETCA) <>; AFMAN 36-2108, ENLISTED CLASSIFICATION; AFI 36-2626, AIRMAN RETRAINING PROGRAM; AND MILPDS FOR EACH AFSC DESIRED. PLEASE ACCOMPLISH ANY REQUIRED TESTING (ARMED FORCES CLASSIFICATION TEST (AFCT), ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING TEST (EDPT), ETC.) PRIOR TO SUBMISSION OF RETRAINING APPLICATION.
D. ADVISE ALL INDIVIDUALS WHO DESIRE TO RETRAIN DURING PHASE I, THEY MUST SUBMIT THEIR RETRAINING APPLICATION VIA THE ON-LINE RETRAINING LINK THRU THE VMPF TO THE AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER. ATTACH SUCH ITEMS AS WAIVERS AND EXCEPTION TO POLICY REQUEST ALONG WITH THE RETRAINING APPLICATION. ALSO, MEMBERS NEED TO ADD THIS STATEMENT IN THE COMMENT AREA WHEN SUBMITTING THEIR RETRAINING APPLICATION: "I AM A FY07 NCORP PHASE I VOLUNTEER".
E. ENSURE OVERSEAS PERSONNEL WHO DESIRE TO APPLY FOR RETRAINING COMPLIES WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: UPON UNIT COMMANDER'S APPROVAL, HAVE THE MEMBER SIGN THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT: "SHOULD A CLASS DATE NOT COINCIDE WITH MY CURRENT DEROS, I AGREE/DO NOT AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY EXTEND MY DEROS UP TO AUG 07." A COPY OF THE STATEMENT MUST BE MAINTAINED BY THE CSS IN THE PERSONNEL INFORMATION FILE (PIF).
F. ENSURE MEMBER OBTAINS THE REQUIRED RETAINABILITY WITHIN 10 DUTY DAYS OF NOTIFICATION OF RETRAINING APPROVAL. CSS PERSONNEL MUST PLACE PARTICULAR EMPHASIS ON THIS ACTION TO PRECLUDE PERSONNEL DEPARTING FOR TRAINING WITHOUT OBTAINING THE REQUIRED RETAINABILITY.
G. FILE A COPY OF RETRAINING APPROVAL RIP IN UPRG.
H. PLEASE KEEP REQUESTS FOR CHANGES IN CLASS DATES TO A MINIMUM. DUE TO A LIMITED NUMBER OF CLASS DATES PER AFSC, ONLY THOSE REQUESTS WHICH ARE CLEARLY SUBSTANTIATED AND JUSTIFIED SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER.
I. DIRECT MEMBERS ELECTING TO APPLY FOR A SPECIAL DUTY IDENTIFIERS 8XXXX TO THE EQUAL PLUS LISTING AND SPECAT GUIDE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. (NOTE: PHASE I ONLY)
J. CSS WILL SEND OUT AN ALL USERS E-MAIL AND PROVIDE A COPY OF THIS MESSAGE EXPLAINING THE PROGRAM AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO ALL SECOND TERM CAREER AIRMEN IN THE GRADE OF SRA TO SMSGT AND THEIR UNIT COMMANDER AND FIRST SERGEANT. PUBLISH THE FOLLOWING ITEM IN THE BASE BULLETIN AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK FOR THE NEXT 6 WEEKS. QUOTE: "AIR FORCE OFFICIALS HAVE ANNOUNCED THE START OF THE FY07 NCO RETRAINING PROGRAM (NCORP). THE FY07 NCORP WILL TARGET APPROXIMATELY 1,113 NCOS (SSGT, TSGT, MSGT, & SMSGT) TO RETRAIN FROM AFSCS WITH NCO OVERAGES TO AFSCS WITH NCO SHORTAGES. THE VOLUNTARY PHASE OF THE PROGRAM RUNS THROUGH 18 SEP 06. IF NECESSARY, AN INVOLUNTARY PHASE WILL BEGIN SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY, DEPENDING ON GRADE AND AFSC. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL CSS FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AND A LIST OF AVAILABLE RETRAINING IN AFSCS". END QUOTE
K. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT INDIVIDUALS SUSCEPTIBLE FOR INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING UNDERSTAND THE TIME-SENSITIVE NATURE OF PHASE I. THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO WISH TO VOLUNTEER TO RETRAIN SHOULD DO SO NLT 18 SEP 06. CSS'S WILL ALSO PROVIDE THE MEMBER A CURRENT LIST OF AFSCS TO RETRAIN INTO.
L. PER AF/A1PT DIRECTIVES, INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE IDENTIFIED UNDER NCORP WILL NOT BE DEPLOYED, REPEAT; INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT DEPLOYABLE WHILE IDENTIFIED FOR NCORP. RETRAINING EXCEPTIONS DUE TO MEDICAL PROFILES (AF FM 422) AND SQUADRON COMMANDER RECALL FROM TRAINING REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED THROUGH WING COMMANDERS TO HQ AFPC/DPPAET FOR AF/A1PTS APPROVAL.
8. PART VI - PERSCO RESPONSIBILITIES
A. FORWARD AN E-MAIL TO AF CONTACT CENTER (HQ AFPC/DPSCC) AFPC.RETRAINING.CLASS@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL WITH AN INFORMATION COPY TO THE MEMBER'S CSS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO DESIRE RETRAINING. ENSURE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS INCLUDED: GRADE, NAME, SSAN, CAFSC, DESIRED AFSCS, TDY START DATE, TDY COMPLETION DATE, AND REMARKS.
B. INDIVIDUALS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLETE THEIR RETRAINING REQUIREMENTS WHERE PERSCO SUPPORT FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE. IN THE EVENT OF A REQUIREMENT THAT CANNOT BE ACCOMPLISHED IN THE AOR (I.E., CLASS III FLIGHT PHYSICAL, AF FM 422, ETC.), PERSCO MUST NOTIFY AFPC/DPPAET AND INCLUDE MEMBER'S ESTIMATED RETURN DATE. DPPAET WILL ESTABLISH SUSPENSE FOR THE MISSING REQUIREMENT AND NOTIFY MEMBER'S PERSCO TEAM AND HOME STATION CSS.
C: ADVISE MEMBERS WHO ARE DEPLOYED TO LOCATIONS WITHOUT THE SUPPORT FACILITIES NECESSARY FOR COMPLETION OF RETRAINING DOCUMENTS; (I.E., PHYSICAL PROFILE, TESTING FACILITY, RETRAINING INTERVIEW, ETC.), THE SUSPENSE FOR COMPLETION OF RETRAINING APPLICATION WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL BE 30 DAYS AFTER TDY COMPLETION DATE.
9. PART VII - AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER RESPONSIBILITIES
A. SCREEN ALL APPLICATIONS TO ENSURE REQUIRED DATA IS INCLUDED.
B. DISAPPROVE APPLICATIONS NOT MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED IN THIS MESSAGE (TO INCLUDE THOSE FORWARDED FROM PERSCO TEAMS).
C. PROCESS AQE WAIVER REQUESTS WITH FULL JUSTIFICATION TO HQ AFPC/DPPAC IAW AFI 36-2101, CLASSIFYING MILITARY PERSONNEL (OFFICER AND ENLISTED).
D. PROCESS APPLICATIONS IN MILPDS WITH APPROPRIATE REMARKS; I.E., COMMANDER'S RECOMMENDATION FOR RETRAINING PERSONNEL WITH A UIF (CODE 1), RESULTS OF FUNCTIONAL REVIEWS, DATE OF CLASS III PHYSICAL CERTIFICATION, ETC.
E. PROVIDES RECOMMENDATION AND FORWARD ALL REQUESTS FOR REMOVAL FROM VULNERABILITY LISTING TO HQ AFPC/DPPAET FOR APPROVAL/DISAPPROVAL.
F. AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER PERSONNEL WILL VERIFY MEMBERS IDENTIFIED FOR INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING BY USING THE NCORP MASTER SPREADSHEET PROVIDED BY AFPC/DPPAET. AFTER RELEASE OF PHASE II, AFPC/DPPAET WILL NOTIFY THE AIR FORCE CONTACT CENTER OF THOSE SELECTED VIA EMAIL OF INVOLUNTARY RETRAINING.
10. PART VIII - AFPC/DPPAET RESPONSIBILITIES
A. PROCESS RETRAINING APPLICATIONS.
B. OBTAIN AFPC/DPAA COORDINATION ON ALL APPLICATIONS INVOLVING DEROS EXTENSIONS.
C. REMOVE INELIGIBLES FROM VULNERABILITY LISTING.
D. COORDINATE WITH HQ AIR FORCE ON ALL REQUESTS TO REMOVE ELIGIBLES FROM VULNERABILITY LISTING AND PROCESS AS DIRECTED.
11. PART IX - CLOSING
A. ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT ANTICIPATE AIR FORCE-WIDE MANNING PROBLEMS AS A RESULT OF RETRAINING ACTIONS, SOME LOCAL MANNING SHORTAGES MAY EXIST. WHEN NECESSARY, COMMANDERS MAY REQUEST TDY/PCS MANNING ASSISTANCE FROM THE APPROPRIATE MAJCOM. PERSONNEL CAN LOG ON TO THE WEB SITE AT <> AND FOLLOW THE LINK FOR NCORP RETRAINING. THIS LINK WILL BE FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THIS RETRAINING PROGRAM.
B. DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS TO YOUR RESPECTIVE CSS AND THE AF CONTACT CENTER (1-800-616-3775, OPTION 1, 1, 2 OR DSN: 665-5000). MEMBERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THEIR BASE CAREER ASSISTANCE ADVISOR (CAA) FOR INFORMATION. THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN COORIDNATED WITH AF/A1PT. OPR FOR THIS MESSAGE IS AFPC/DPPAET, DSN 665-2310. UNCLAS
E-mail me if you have questions.I will post changes and updates as applicable.