Forum Home
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (taykuhls), 2 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
330RCSBFACS, thereddoctor, AustinD, oterorphase, doit456789
3098 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics949
Posts3,057
Members3,099
Most Online952
Dec 16th, 2016
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pipeline Schools
2 hours ago
Updated pipeline info is now available on the main page, here: http://www.specialtactics.com/pipeline-overview/...
see more
4,023 Views · 5 Comments
CRO & PJ Indoctrination Course
4 hours ago
The problem w/ crosstrainee/prior service guys at indoc is that if they quit/fail, the cadre have found that they typically will "bring" 4 dudes with them out the door. The mentality is that the younger non prior service guys see their team leadership quit and it bring...
see more
18 Views · 1 Comments
CRO & PJ Indoctrination Course
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Hey all, I'm a former Marine that's trying to get into pararescue. I've gotten through some of my recruiting process, up to where I need to get to MEPS and take the PAST. My recruiter informed me today that indoc is having a problem with prior service quitting or failing tests...
see more
18 Views · 1 Comments
Pararescue & Combat Rescue Officer
11/16/17 11:27 PM
For a short (heh) while at my first assignment we seemed to get a lot of shorter guys from graduating classes. We joked that they were our designated "Confined Space/Structural Collapse" team. Don't let the Hollywood stereotype deter you from trying....
see more
2,817 Views · 5 Comments
New User Introduction
11/16/17 08:45 PM
I think a little expectation management is in order. The PJ pipeline takes about 2.5 years to get through. There is no way to fast track that. The only possibility for fast tracking is possibly if you already have a civilian Paramedic license- you *may* be able to request skip...
see more
52 Views · 2 Comments
New User Introduction
11/16/17 04:53 PM
A fast track doesn't exist....
see more
52 Views · 2 Comments
New User Introduction
11/16/17 01:45 AM
Gecko- Thanks for posting- its great to have operators come back and help contribute. Please check your PMs. SW...
see more
59 Views · 1 Comments
New User Introduction
11/15/17 09:54 PM
Hello All, I am in my mid-20s and I am looking to go through PJ training to become a CRO. I will enlist as a PJ, fast track through training, and then become a CRO within a year. However, I'd like to speak to those who have been gone through the CRO / PJ pipeline, served, and th...
see more
52 Views · 2 Comments
Crosstrainee and Prior Service Questions
11/14/17 10:00 PM
The costs of the medical exams are minimal compared to cost of putting the service member through all the courses required for award of SERE 3-skill level AFSC. Considering the required medical examinations are valid for 12 months plus 90 days; 455 days total, I'm curious what ex...
see more
4,676 Views · 21 Comments
11/14/17 05:56 PM
I have already completed and submitted my retrain package I am just awaiting a response. MYPERS has had issues the last week or so. I am hoping to hear back beginning of next month as the retraining board only meet the last duty day of each month and then respond NLT the 15th of ...
see more
Off Topic Discussion
11/14/17 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Torres But what is essential when you can get the same info from miles and miles away? These candidates train hard daily and then....don't get to do it because the information can be obtained by other means without having to send a body out. How effective and...
see more
158 Views · 3 Comments
Combat Control & Special Tactics Officer
11/14/17 04:13 AM
Thank you very much for the information! Being stationed overseas makes things a little confusing with timelines and rules so I'm trying to figure out what the path looks like when my DEROS drops and I have options available. Thanks again!...
see more
5,979 Views · 7 Comments
Off Topic Discussion
11/14/17 02:39 AM
I love the history you mentioned above and it is true that back then, we didn't have as much readily available weather capabilities as we do today. The difference between "nowcasting" and forecasting seems to be the disconnect. With today's technology, we can forecast f...
see more
158 Views · 3 Comments
11/13/17 11:56 PM
Any suggestion active duty will be discharged if or when they SIE is extremely misleading. All students are on active duty while in these courses, there is much careful consideration involved in deciding the appropriate reclassification or separation action when a student either ...
see more
26,600 Views · 38 Comments
11/13/17 10:35 PM
Yukon, Thank you for the post. The only follow up I have is as I understand it from your post, an SIR does not keep you from ever attempting PJ INDOC again....
see more
11/13/17 06:13 PM
Thojack. It's the needs of the Air Force and in this case the rank and grade the AFSC needs. The hate to hear back with same response and miss opportunity is your excuse that you own if you don't submit a retrain application. The physical fitness training time is beneficial re...
see more
11/13/17 05:43 PM
JBems002, your retrain eligible, either FTA or NCORP, is governed by AFI 36-2626 Airman Retraining Program. Additional AFSC specific info is found on MYPERs as far as numbers in rank/grade the AFSC has available to put a retrain applicant hopeful into. The existence of a previo...
see more
11/13/17 05:13 PM
For those interested in checking out the proposed design, here is a pic of it. It's been used at the Dive School since it started. http://www.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000353454/...
see more
5,228 Views · 7 Comments
11/13/17 05:12 PM
The prior service enlistment contract brings the prior service civilian back into a term of enlistment for a specific AFSC. The prior-service enlistment contract, Air Force Form 3006, clearly and distinctly states "If I fail to complete the required training, I have voided ...
see more
New User Introduction
11/13/17 05:08 PM
Hey there everyone. I started the PJ pipeline in 2007 and have been doing the job since. I've been skimming the forum for a few years but just recently stared to put my two cents in on some threads. I'm not on here very often but am here to help. ...
see more
59 Views · 1 Comments
11/13/17 03:54 PM
Question regarding Retraining as a Staff Select Currently there are slots available for retraining into SERE. A fellow coworker and myself have been going through the process of completing all the paperwork and awaiting a class date. We are both in a very similar situation as fa...
see more
11/13/17 01:17 AM
I am wondering what happens to a prior service that takes the indoc and removes themselves from training. I have been told that if they are active duty that they will be discharged. if this is true will they never be allowed to try for pj indoc again, even if they train for a few...
see more
11/12/17 03:53 AM
You can come in with literally any degree. I knew a CRO that came in with degrees in Chines and film. You just need the box checked....
see more
1,648 Views · 3 Comments
11/12/17 03:48 AM
PJs definitely do FID and CT but a lot of it depends on the assigned squadron. The STS guys in overseas assignments, especially in the Pacific, tend to do a lot of FID compared to most stateside guys....
see more
336 Views · 4 Comments
Popular Topics(Views)