Forum Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Discussion
Yesterday at 05:12 PM
On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs (From the book, On Combat, by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman) ‚Äč "Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it com...
see more
25 Views · 0 Comments
Pararescue & Combat Rescue Officer (PJ & CRO)
Yesterday at 02:54 PM
Good morning all, At the risk of getting too philosophical, I'd like to pool from your experiences, enlisted and officer alike: what have you seen for what makes a good or bad Special Operations/Battlefield Airman Air Force officer? Specifically: 1) What are the characteristics...
see more
31 Views · 0 Comments
New User Introduction
Yesterday at 12:07 PM
The Air Force recruiting Service Policy Directives at most expand what is found in DOD directives, Instructions, and Air Force Instructions. The AFRS recruiter is the only source of additional info. The getting disability compensation from VA or Social Security as I stated does...
see more
318 Views · 7 Comments
New User Introduction
Yesterday at 01:51 AM
Yukon, I appreciate the feedback in this matter. I was not medically separated. Just wear and tear from being young and not knowing proper biomechanics and recovery techniques. Through my education and work experience (strength and conditioning) I've learned how to train safely ...
see more
318 Views · 7 Comments
New User Introduction
Yesterday at 12:42 AM
It's not the rating needing a waiver. It is the medical conditions contributing to the disability rating. The only issue with the disability rating is you loose the money compensation for the disability on return to active duty. You will need to meet the PULHES and other medica...
see more
318 Views · 7 Comments
New User Introduction
07/19/18 10:01 PM
Is there an AFI that indicates prior service with disability are ineligible? I've heard through grapevine your disability rating can be waived....
see more
318 Views · 7 Comments
New User Introduction
07/19/18 07:30 PM
Thank you for that info. I'll definitely make sure to straighten out my verbiage in regards to the reason(s) I am wanting to cross-train especially into that specialty....
see more
81 Views · 2 Comments
New User Introduction
07/19/18 10:25 AM
Welcome. We see a lot of crosstrainee interest here so you are in good company. Something to keep in mind- crosstrainee interest is high for TACP, as is for all BA career fields. But the TACP community has very limited slots for the amount of interest they get and can only s...
see more
81 Views · 2 Comments
General Discussion
07/19/18 10:19 AM
Nothing beats in person training. You won't find any current AF operators in the CO area unfortunately. Its best to link up with other wannabe's like you are currently doing. A few points: -Learn to freestyle. The combat side stroke is inefficient and will not get you the ti...
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
Crosstrainee & Prior Service Questions
07/19/18 03:26 AM
After reading this tread...FY18 slots filled, year long process, I generated a couple of questions. 1.) Are the open slots announced Oct1, the beginning of the new FY? 2.) The DD-214 review: Is it a complete review of the service jacket or is it more of a verification of servi...
see more
3,978 Views · 7 Comments
General Discussion
07/19/18 02:55 AM
CDK, I am located in the Colorado Springs Area and am making my way to Denver this weekend. I am preparing for CRO and can help you with your swimming. I'll shoot you a PM shortly....
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
General Discussion
07/18/18 04:23 PM
Both, My PR for a 500m is around 11m 30s using Combat Side Stroke and I have yet to be able to complete a full 25m underwater....
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
New User Introduction
07/18/18 03:54 PM
How's it going everyone? I am 23 years old and currently serving active duty in the USAF. I've been in for about 4 and a half years in the Administration career field. Come this December, my retraining window will open up and I am wanting to pursue a Battlefield Airman AFSC. ...
see more
81 Views · 2 Comments
General Discussion
07/17/18 10:22 PM
Where's your issue? Above or below the water (or both)? SW...
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
General Discussion
07/17/18 09:59 PM
Hello All, I am going to be a first year AFROTC cadet in Det. 105 out in the Denver Area. I am an aspiring STO. I can run 3 miles under 20 minutes, can do 100 pushups/situps under 2 minutes, 20+ pull-ups in a row. But I just can't get a hold of the swimming. Are there any ST g...
see more
140 Views · 4 Comments
Searching for Workout Partners
07/17/18 08:16 PM
Greetings AFSOC operators and trainees, I'm looking for a training partner or team to push my training a little further in the Phoenix area. I'm prior service Marine Corps looking to get back into the fight....
see more
26 Views · 0 Comments
Off Topic Discussion
07/14/18 08:42 PM
A plug for two special PJs and their important message regarding pain and healing. Check out Roger Sparks and Jimmy Settle's documentary Wise Endurance. Trailer: https://vimeo.com/271611299 Website: https://wiseendurance.com/ SW...
see more
55 Views · 0 Comments
Popular Topics(Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums22
Topics1,090
Posts3,681
Members3,486
Most Online952
Dec 16th, 2016