Forum Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
New User Introduction
19 hours ago
The enlisted force structure and the commissioned force structure has significant demarcations differing them. Regardless the force structure demarcation means enlisted getting selected for Basic Officer Training and subsequently getting initial classification into an officer ut...
see more
116 Views · 3 Comments
New User Introduction
21 hours ago
Thanks SW, I checked out that thread and read through the CFETP. I was able to get a solid grasp on the timeline of CRO training. In terms of really being drawn to the medical aspect, I wish I had a straightforward answer and I believe I am, but I'm gonna take an EMT cert. cours...
see more
116 Views · 3 Comments
New User Introduction
Yesterday at 12:33 PM
Welcome, Hopefully you've already seen this thread: http://specialtactics.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2731/pj-or-cro.html#Post2731 Unless you are really drawn to the medical piece, it sounds like you would be a good candidate for CRO right out of the gate. But taking the ...
see more
116 Views · 3 Comments
Pararescue & Combat Rescue Officer (PJ & CRO)
Yesterday at 02:05 AM
Thank you both for the information, I really appreciate it!...
see more
4,832 Views · 10 Comments
New User Introduction
01/14/18 03:11 AM
Hello everyone, My name is Hank and I'm a junior at the University of South Carolina. I had originally planned on working in counter-terrorism upon graduating but realized that my "plan" was largely fueled by a deeper desire to serve in the military. I will be graduati...
see more
116 Views · 3 Comments
Searching for Workout Partners
01/13/18 09:51 PM
Still training at Nellis?...
see more
142 Views · 1 Comments
01/12/18 02:42 AM
Tack, 4-6 years as a warfighter CRO is about right before moving on to more admin/supervision duties. We have quite a few PJs that become CROs each year. Obviously they are pretty good candidates to pick from already, but they must go through the phase 1 and 2 assessment jus...
see more
01/11/18 06:51 AM
THE CRO CFETP gives a good assignment model. However the accuracy is best gotten from a current CRO....
see more
Special Operations Weather (SOWT)
01/11/18 06:49 AM
Retirees can no longer access the retrain area of MYPERS so hopefully somebody can disclose a bit more info....
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
01/11/18 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by YukonInteresting, what is your information source? Hey Yukon, They removed the code from the retraining advisory. Also, I attended the CCT retraining assessment this past December....
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
01/11/18 01:38 AM
Yukon, I browsed through the forums, looked over the 24 SOW site, read the AFOCD and AFECD to find information on the amount of field time (In Years) performing rescue missions an individual might expect as a CRO vs PJ. I realize they are both ground battlefield combatants and I ...
see more
01/10/18 05:15 AM
I would like to know as well Yukon, I know that SOWT was on the Air Force critically manned shortfall list and that they can not get enough SOWT candidates into the career field yearly. I do not know exactly but there is probably less than 100 active duty SOWT’s from what my in...
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
01/10/18 02:56 AM
Interesting, what is your information source?...
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
01/10/18 01:49 AM
There is no longer a Phase 2 retraining assessment for SOWT....
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
Popular Topics(Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics964
Posts3,186
Members3,184
Most Online952
Dec 16th, 2016