Forum Home
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
CRO, STO and 13L ALO Selection Process
1 hour ago
IN CASE IT WAS MISSED, THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED FROM THE SPECIALTACTICS.COM MAIN PAGE, HERE Specialtactics.com sat down with a recent graduate of the Special Tactics Officer (STO) Phase I and II selection course. We had 10 burning questions for him regarding his preparation and...
see more
7 Views · 0 Comments
Searching for Workout Partners
06/20/18 10:32 PM
I am 18 and just starting out with my training, although I have a background in swimming. Looking to eventually become a PJ. I'm looking to find a training partner who is around the same level or who wouldn't mind working with someone just starting out....
see more
26 Views · 0 Comments
Pararescue & Combat Rescue Officer (PJ & CRO)
06/20/18 02:28 PM
Thanks for the art Yukon. So what you're saying is that H-3s and the H-53s used the green feet as a symbol of their callsigns long before Fisk and Morrow started the tattoo tradition? On a similar note, everything I read about PJs and Rescue in Afghanistan show they use the Ped...
see more
271 Views · 7 Comments
New User Introduction
06/20/18 07:31 AM
Hello everyone. I'm Adam, new members. Very excited to participate in the Forum of the same people....
see more
36 Views · 0 Comments
Combat Control & Special Tactics Officer (CCT & STO)
06/19/18 09:00 PM
Looking for a contact for the 125th STS at Portland as well. Can anyone provide a POC ?...
see more
166 Views · 3 Comments
Crosstrainee & Prior Service Questions
06/19/18 01:58 PM
Hello everybody, Is there any information on or history of a rated officer (pilot, CSO, RPA... etc) crosstraining into the ST/PJ community? Perhaps applying for a slot at a Phase II selection or resigning the commission to enlist in an Air Guard unit? Any and all advice is great...
see more
55 Views · 0 Comments
CRO, STO and 13L ALO Selection Process
06/19/18 04:32 AM
My understanding is that BA prep course is not intended for officers. I know that is posted on the pipeline overview page (see below), but I can't find the specific regulation on it at the moment. https://www.specialtactics.com/pipeline-overview/ WR...
see more
119 Views · 1 Comments
Physical Training & Team ST
06/19/18 01:54 AM
1. There are ruck workouts supplemented routinely in the training. However, it’s not excessive as this training is designed to cause a very specific adaptation that will actually make rucking (and most other tasks) easier by the time you get to selection. Any ruck with a frame ...
see more
1,726 Views · 15 Comments
Combat Control & Special Tactics Officer (CCT & STO)
06/18/18 10:47 PM
PM sent...
see more
183 Views · 1 Comments
Special Operations Weather (SOWT)
06/18/18 09:29 PM
Jay_Pew is right. The article, however, paints an inaccurate picture of CCT/SOWT attrition. Real attrition looks somethin like this: CCSC about 80% (4 out of 20 pass) ATC 20% (6 out of 8 pass) SERE/Jump N/A (:D) CCS (2 out of 12 pass) For the last few years CCS has been t...
see more
489 Views · 4 Comments
New User Introduction
06/18/18 02:54 AM
Greetings Raymond, I am also in Phoenix. Would you be interested in training together?...
see more
136 Views · 1 Comments
General Discussion
06/17/18 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by SWPeople do have a hard time choosing what's the way to go. Like Yukon stated- don't make it about going after a beret. If that is your desire, you won't make it far. You have to have a passion for going after these types of jobs. Whether it's bringing some ...
see more
422 Views · 5 Comments
Off Topic Discussion
06/16/18 05:39 PM
If you are focused on going into meteorology after the military, would it be easier going traditional weather position rather than SOWT? SOWT has a more demanding pipeline since you are adding many additional schools onto the traditional weather job, and a higher washout rate, s...
see more
207 Views · 3 Comments
Initial Physical Examinations & Medical Questions
06/16/18 07:48 AM
No problem. This is one of those situations where we can provide you with all of the DQ criteria, but its going to take a flight doc's assessment of the medical standards to truly have an answer. At least you'll have the firepower going into the examination to know what they wi...
see more
327 Views · 8 Comments
Popular Topics(Views)
Forum Statistics
Forums22
Topics1,071
Posts3,626
Members3,449
Most Online952
Dec 16th, 2016