Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3680 Members
62 Forums
903 Topics
2913 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 219152
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 109862
TAPAS required? 41456
Age and going for SF 29653
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 28390
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 26667
Length of pipeline training 23445
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 19841
Reserves 18092
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 17636
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#137 - 12/10/14 04:01 PM Retraining Assessment
Goose Offline
FNG

Loc: Nebraska
My retraining package was just accepted and I am awaiting my official invite for the January assessment. Anyone else going to the same one?

#143 - 12/11/14 08:58 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Torres Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Misawa Air Base, Japan
I have a package in as well for a sowt slot. This would be the second time attending if I am invited. God willing I pass this time.

#145 - 12/11/14 09:35 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Torres]
jamie1775 Offline
FNG

Loc: California, USA
Doesn't Sowt and CCT do the same indoc? I'm currently going from the Marines to Air Force and am jumping through hoops to get to selection early next year. What is a typical day in selection like?

#147 - 12/11/14 12:07 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: jamie1775
Doesn't Sowt and CCT do the same indoc?
The SOW and CCT COIE is a combined or joint course although the AFECD and CFETP identify it as a separate course and the completion certificate identifies the AFSC appropriate selection course.

The SOW AFECD and CTETP identify the COIE as the two week Special Operations Weather Selection Course.

The CCT AFECD and CFETP identify the COIE as the two week Combat Control Selection Course.

Active duty Air Force retrainee candidates for both AFSCs must successfully get the through the retrainee assessment at Hurburt Fld before getting a training quota in the selection course.

FYI-the combined Joint CCT/PJ Indoc Course ended back in 2000. A few years later the Pararescues Indoc course was separated into two courses, the 11 day CRO-PJ Development course immediately followed by the 64 day (9.5 week) CRO-PJ Indoctrination Course.

A Marine worried about 14 training days? A rough and tough turn the grass red USMC fighting machine should be used to it. Or are you bailing out of an entry enlistment into the USMC to no-prior-service entry enlist into the Air Force?

#148 - 12/11/14 12:57 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Yukon]
jamie1775 Offline
FNG

haha, I'm just trying to be a realist about the whole situation. I did 4 active and 3 reserve, but to be honest, the Marines don't do pool sessions like PJ/CCT/SOWT pipelines experience. I've just been reading about the 90% attrition rate for indoc/pipeline so i figured I would do my homework, start swimming, and gather as much info as possible. Did you already do indoc? Any advice?

#149 - 12/11/14 01:27 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
I did the old school PJ selection and Indoctrination course which is irrelevant to your current serving a military obligation status, situation and circumstances.

I asserted the worried question as the CCT/SOW retrainee assessment is not applicable to you as you as it appears you are attempting to prior service enlist into the Air Force to entry classify into CCT or SOW. You will be considered through the prior service accession program. The Air Force active duty CCT and/or SOW retraining assessment is also irrelevant to my further comments.

Quote:
from 2014 CFETP, active duty is referring to Air Force active duty service members:

6.5. Retraining. 3-Skill Level Requirements.
Active duty retrainees must attend the CCT retraining assessment program hosted by the 24 SOW (AFSOC) before entering the CCT 3-skill level training pipeline. ANG guard retrainees will be assessed through the Prior Service accession program. Retrainees must attend the 3-skill level resident training course.

10.1.1.5.3. For entry into this specialty, successful completion of the physical ability and stamina test (PAST) for NPS Airman and Prior Service Airman. Active duty retrainees must complete the CCT retraining assessment program and be approved by the AFCFM.

Attrition rates by themselves are ineffective in getting a realistic understanding on how to not self eliminate or to avoid getting eliminated out of any of the COIEs discussed on these forums. The TACP five day preparatory course provides evidence of this as there is minimal swimming, if any, involved.

TACP Preparatory Course (a Facebook group page) discloses in a 5 December 2014 post: "7 trainees of the original 28 graduated TACP-P class 15-004 today. Next class will be 5 Jan 15." If you go that link you can read a bit more specifics.

Another Facebook group page, TACP Schoolhouse in a post thread started 10 December 2014 discloses: "The biggest reason for washout is the inability to manage equipment and follow simple instructions."

The context of my comments is many that get eliminated hang on to the least embarrassing to them reason as to why they didn't succeed and when asked why they put out the least embarrassing to them reason. This builds a misinforming myth that gets bought hook line and sinker into by those that have fears of not getting through the training.

The Pararescue Indoc course was split to create the development course that focuses "only" on training to do water confidence and other physically demanding training, the course focuses on teaching how to swim, run and do calisthenics properly and effectively and teaches the advanced water confidence skills encountered in the Indoc course.

#150 - 12/11/14 02:58 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Yukon]
jamie1775 Offline
FNG

That's some very interesting info you posted concerning the prior service accession rules. Thanks for taking time out of your day to help me out. It's extremely refreshing to read advice from a fellow vet and not just another civilian on a discussion board. Now I will just worry about air traffic control school lol. Thanks.

#173 - 12/16/14 11:11 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
A_Sanchez02 Offline
FNG

Loc: Nevada
Hey how's it going? I' have also been invited to attend the assessment out in Florida. What's your training schedule been like?

#176 - 12/17/14 09:34 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
K_Robles87 Offline
FNG

Loc: Texas
I have a date for the January assessment also ill see you guys there.

#177 - 12/17/14 09:38 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: A_Sanchez02]
K_Robles87 Offline
FNG

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: A_Sanchez02
Hey how's it going? I' have also been invited to attend the assessment out in Florida. What's your training schedule been like?

hey Sanchez I notices youre at nellis. I was just TDY there for a month, do you get a chance to train with any of the PJ's there? I did a swim class for a couple days while I was there with some PJ prospects but there pool schedule was crap so I could get there to often.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
1 registered (Njmann5), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Talon192, Tejasparasiempre, Payton, eightandahalf, Vulcan_45
3680 Registered Users