Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3529 Members
62 Forums
865 Topics
2808 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 189042
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 95225
TAPAS required? 35876
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26975
Age and going for SF 26767
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 23118
Length of pipeline training 21031
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 18732
Reserves 15855
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 15161
Topic Options
#870 - 03/08/15 04:32 PM Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline
aclark Offline
FNG

Loc: Maryland
I understand that the PJ pipeline is very long and strenuous and requires a lot of devotion to the training. I also know that there are many different schools in states around the country. After reading through a lot of different websites, including airforce.com, I noticed that approximately 46 weeks is spent training at Kirtland AFB, NM. Is it ever a possibility for someone to get approval for their wife to move to Kirtland AFB during that portion of training?

Thank you for your time!
If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember-you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem & smarter than you think.But the most important thing is even if we are apart, I'll always be with you.

#873 - 03/09/15 08:32 AM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
aclark Offline
FNG

Also, is Kirtland AFB going to be their TDY for the pipeline? I had heard that they would return to Kirtland in between each school but that could have just been a rumor so I wanted to clear that up.

Thank you!

#875 - 03/09/15 09:48 AM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
TE Offline

Operator

Loc: Varies
He will PCS to Kirtland after the Development course, Indoc, and the AF Combat Dive course. The family can join him at Kirtland. He will go TDY from Kirtland to other pipeline courses and return to Kirtland between those courses since Kirtland will be his permanent base.

#880 - 03/09/15 01:48 PM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: TE]
aclark Offline
FNG

Thank you for your quick response!
If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together there is something you must always remember-you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem & smarter than you think.But the most important thing is even if we are apart, I'll always be with you.

#1226 - 05/17/15 09:57 AM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
Quillin Offline
FNG

Loc: California
I'm married too, so of course this has been a big question with few answers. We ended up finding this blog:

http://mrscaptainusa.blogspot.com/?m=1

Obviously her and her trainee have been through it so I emailed her. This was her reply:

Hi! I'm glad I could help a bit.

I believe the six month thing is a general rule of thumb. While you're in the pipeline, you'll only be stationed two places. After BMT graduation, you'll head to then Medina training annex of Lackland AFB for indoc, which is your first "station" if you will. Because it's not a permanent station, your wife will not be able to join you. So basically, the quicker you get through indoc, the quicker y'all can live together. After completion of indoc, you'll TDY out of Medina for the combat dive course. Once completed, you'll head back to Medina to pack up and you'll receive orders to Kirtland AFB. That's where you'll stay for the remainder of the pipeline. You'll TDY out of kirtland for all of your other schools. Generally, cones are at Kirtland for about two years. Your wife can definitely live with you there, so be sure that she's on your orders when you get them after dive.

Once you're at Kirtland, life will become a lot more "normal" for the two of you. It's such a small community of us that we're all really close and your wife will have plenty of support here.

I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can answer.

Katee

#1228 - 05/17/15 10:26 AM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
The six months sounds reasonable for those in the training to be pipeline. Kind of funny and disappointing cones has extended its inclusion out of the Dev and Indoc courses to the apprentice course.

However, I suggest some caution on expecting experiences of others to be the same for you when there is no assurances of reporting to BMT with the PJ GTEP contract. More importantly there is no assurances you will not be among the 80% eliminated from required training either at PJ/CRO development Course, PJ/CRO Indoc Course and subsequent before PCSing to Kirtland AFB combat diver qualification course.

#2035 - 02/09/16 04:10 PM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
kpanich Offline
FNG

Loc: USA
I was wondering how it would work since my wife is military as well. I will be retraining back into PJ, so would I have to file joint spouse so she can come with me to Kirtland or will I just have to make sure she is on my orders when I PCS to Kirtland. If anybody knows about this some help would be great.

#2041 - 02/11/16 06:19 PM Re: Wife to Move with PJ During Pipeline [Re: aclark]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Read the join Spouse AFIs/policies. There must be a open/vacant duty position to put the military spouse into. Same with subsequent PCS assignments.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
1 registered (SSvo), 11 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
oscarhernandez, jcerulli, DaveE, forban, zmomo
3529 Registered Users