Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3507 Members
62 Forums
863 Topics
2804 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 185251
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 93602
TAPAS required? 34978
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26817
Age and going for SF 26478
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 22741
Length of pipeline training 20788
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 18594
Reserves 15588
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 15054
Topic Options
#2090 - 03/05/16 03:32 PM Is this realistic?
Pax_22 Offline
FNG

Loc: Arizona
Just doing some forward thinking, is it realistic to assume that a CCT after discharge would be able to become a civilian Air Traffic Controller with little training? My understanding is that a graduated CCT already possess' a FAA certification is this retained after discharge? Or would new training by the FAA be required? Sorry if I am mistaken with any of the above information, just trying to plot possible courses of action.
Thanks

#2763 - 01/22/17 08:20 PM Re: Is this realistic? [Re: Pax_22]
Cameron_N Offline
FNG

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
I would additional information about this as well.

#2767 - 01/23/17 08:27 AM Re: Is this realistic? [Re: Pax_22]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
I pushed this question directly to the source that knows the accurate answer. However last time this question was asked and answered (a few years ago and if I recollect accurately) there would be some additional training and certs required.

If I "recall correctly" civilian Air Traffic Control is somewhat certification compartmentalized as there is Tower, Approach Control, Departure Control, Airways Control and probably a few other airspace, runway, ground control (taxi way and parking operations) I'm completely ignorant of.

Grand Canyon Mid-air Collision Animation is an animation of June 1956 midair collision over the Grand Canyon. The accident was a major factor leading to the creation of the Federal Aviation Agency in 1958, and to major changes in the control of air traffic.

Lessons Learned: Midair collision betwee...es Douglas DC-7

Greatest air tragedy of its time in U.S. aviation

#2775 - 01/29/17 05:13 PM Re: Is this realistic? [Re: Pax_22]
PepperUrAngus Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
If a CCT wanted to go to Civilian ATC they would need more certs than what they get in tech school and follow up training. Not to mention you are talking about super active guys going from running around shooting things and dropping bombs to sitting behind a computer screen for 8 hours controlling aircraft...its not the same career, at all.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JF, nevergofulretard, CorbinBailey, bengali28, Medic3596
3507 Registered Users