Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3931 Members
62 Forums
946 Topics
3022 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 287528
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 143446
TAPAS required? 55430
Age and going for SF 35558
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 33847
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 31709
Length of pipeline training 28764
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 23618
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 23502
Reserves 23090
Topic Options
#2286 - 06/05/16 10:42 PM If you wash out
Rich Offline
FNG

Loc: North Dakota
If I enlisted in the United States Air Force, and got a 'contract' to get a shot at earning a scarlet beret, but if I were to wash out of the Combat Control pipeline at any time during the training due to any one of a number of reasons none of those reasons being that I had quit on my own will (i just don't think that's my style) crazy crazy crazy , how many chances do I get to start the pipeline over again and get another shot at becoming a combat controller?

Or:

Do I get but one chance, and, given that I wash out wink , will I get a different job that I won't want to do?

No offense, but the only jobs in the USAF that I'm interested in doing are: combat controller and space systems operations( blush enlisted).

If the USAF gives me a chance to guarantee or otherwise 'let me choose' to change my career field to the space sector given I wash out from Combat Control, that will also be fine.

Felt like I rambled there, the two questions were:

# of chances to retry CCT school course in the case of a washout, &

Whether or not their is the ability to choose which career you change to upon washing out of combat control selection.

"Not too shabby, is it? New York, I mean!"

#2287 - 06/06/16 07:09 AM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
thedude Offline
FNG

Loc: USA
It depends on what you wash out for, regarding a second attempt at the CCT pipeline. If its for the following reasons: medical, integrity violation, quit, or something that violates military conduct, your chances of getting back in the special tactics community are slim. If you fail out because of academic or failure to meet performance standards than you normally will be allowed to retrain into CCT at your specific retraining window (depending on if your a 4 or 6 year enlistee.
If you washout a 2nd time normally that's it for you. As far as your ability to choose what career you want if you do not make it in the pipeline, of that you have very little control of. If you do washout you begin the reclassification process which is the Air Force trying to find a job for you to do while you either wait for your retraining window of finish your enlistment. They do allow you to provide a number of jobs on your "desired" list but its rare you'll get what you want vs. what the Air Force needs at the time.

#2294 - 06/06/16 08:20 PM Re: If you wash out [Re: thedude]
Rich Offline
FNG

Loc: North Dakota
Originally Posted By: thedude
It depends on what you wash out for, regarding a second attempt at the CCT pipeline. If its for the following reasons: medical, integrity violation, quit, or something that violates military conduct, your chances of getting back in the special tactics community are slim. If you fail out because of academic or failure to meet performance standards than you normally will be allowed to retrain into CCT at your specific retraining window (depending on if your a 4 or 6 year enlistee.
If you washout a 2nd time normally that's it for you. As far as your ability to choose what career you want if you do not make it in the pipeline, of that you have very little control of. If you do washout you begin the reclassification process which is the Air Force trying to find a job for you to do while you either wait for your retraining window of finish your enlistment. They do allow you to provide a number of jobs on your "desired" list but its rare you'll get what you want vs. what the Air Force needs at the time.

Thank you for the enlightenment. Combat controller is a dream job, as well as I know it will put me on the path to success. Regardless, I'm sure that knowledge will help someone in the future. Cheers!

"Not too shabby, is it? New York, I mean!"

#2299 - 06/07/16 11:04 PM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
PepperUrAngus Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
If something happens you will get reclassed or could ask for a discharge.

If you get reclassed you will have a retraining window open. You can drop a package to get picked up for a prior service assessment. Go to assessment and impress the cadre and you may get picked up to go through the pipeline again. During the interview process of assessment you will be questioned as to why you want a second chance.

They may say yes, they may say no you're done for good or they may say go work on this or that and drop another package next year.

#2301 - 06/09/16 06:07 PM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
nitrohuck Offline
FNG

Loc: VT
is it true that many people who wash out of CCT end up trying out for TACP?

this is assuming it was a "soft" washout, and by that I mean academic failure or failure to meet a specific PT test,

#2304 - 06/10/16 08:42 AM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
JohnG Offline
FNG

Loc: NM
We had one individual be offer that, and that was only because he dominated everything but the water con plus the team and cadre liked him. They still have to have a slot available at that time for TACP though, so no slot openings no offer.

#2307 - 06/10/16 04:58 PM Re: If you wash out [Re: JohnG]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: JohnG
They still have to have a slot available at that time for TACP though, so no slot openings no offer.
Any and all washouts must also meet the entry classification requirements of the AFSCs being classified into.

The cadre doesn't offer nothing as the cadre has no direct involvement in the AFSC reclassification offers or availability.

#2368 - 07/05/16 12:24 AM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
20andWild Offline
FNG

Loc: Denver, CO
Is it possible to wash out, but because of your ASVAB scores and whatnot still have a chance at becoming a pilot? Compared to flying an F 16 or working alongside Ranger Recon Companies and Green Berets, Security Forces work sounds absolutely like the worst job on the planet

#2369 - 07/05/16 12:25 AM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
20andWild Offline
FNG

Loc: Denver, CO
Unless of course you ascend to a spot in the USAF soF secfor unit, but I prefer working with men of great intellect and superior drive

#2374 - 07/05/16 07:09 AM Re: If you wash out [Re: Rich]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
20andWild you are on shaky ground of being banned due to your habit of spewing useless BS.

There is no chance of an enlisted trainee being put into a rated officer training program. A commission is needed and getting put into OTS (Basic Officer Training) is not an option.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Van, BC15, Russ83, civ_into_mil, Jose3012
3931 Registered Users