Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3523 Members
62 Forums
863 Topics
2806 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 188196
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 94911
TAPAS required? 35605
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26935
Age and going for SF 26705
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 23026
Length of pipeline training 20983
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 18706
Reserves 15787
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 15137
Topic Options
#2363 - 07/03/16 04:38 PM Boots at CCSC
Cmonster Offline
FNG

Loc: TX
I am trying to garner a little insight on the boot situation at CCSC for prior service since I can't wear any of my high mileage desert or coyote boots. I'm envisioning being tossed a brand new box of nice stiff sage green issue boots that don't quite fit right a day or two before CCSC since I won't be attending BMT. I would like to circumvent this blistery situation by logging my training in some sage green boots right now, but I am not certain of what is allowed at selection. I know if it's anything like the Army, it goes by which E7 is looking at your feet at any given moment. So, if anyone has any recent knowledge of what is and isn't allowed at selection or really any info as to what goes down with prior sister service in the days leading to CCSC (recruiters seem baffled of course) I would be greatly appreciative.

#2364 - 07/04/16 04:18 AM Re: Boots at CCSC [Re: Cmonster]
MiH Offline
FNG

Loc: New York
Hope this helps. Via Prior Service handbook from AFRS.

Quote:
3. Guidelines for PSSSE Accession

If you are prior service from a sister service (PSSSE), you will attend the PSSSE course at Lackland AFB, TX. The PSSSE course is designed to orient PS service members to Air Force practices, policies, and procedures and to provide initial medical, financial, clothing, and records processing support while you are en route to your first duty station or to a technical training school. This course is for sister service applicants only.

Normal Sequence of Events after Selection for Return on Active Duty:

Your recruiter will schedule you to process through the closest MEPS. Once DAT/HIV results are received, which normally takes 7 10 workdays, an assignment will be requested from AFPC. The assignment request normally takes 1 week. Once an assignment is received, HQ AFRS/RSOPB will confirm your reservation in MILPDS/AFRISS.

You will return to MEPS for Enlistment in the United States Air Force. The Air Force MEPS liaison will provided orders and other pertinent information. For Guardsmen or Reservist who processed on a conditional release, please provide a copy of your orders to your unit orderly room so they can release your personnel file to AFPC.

Flying to TDY location? MEPS will provide airline tickets. Traveling by POV, you will need personal funds upfront to cover your travel expenses. Mileage, tolls, lodging, etc are reimbursable travel expenses and should be claimed on your Permanent Change of Station (PCS) travel voucher for reimbursement when you arrive at your PDS. In order to gain access to a military installation, you must have a picture ID (military ID preferred see attachment 4) with travel orders, proof of vehicle insurance, vehicle registration (if driving) and DD Form 4.

The following documents are required upon arrival at your TDY location: travel orders (and copies), official documents (military records, diplomas, vaccination/shot records, copy of marriage license, DD Form 214, etc.), and military ID (see attachment 4) or picture ID.

Member will report to PSSSE course no earlier than (NET) 2 days prior to report no later than date (RNLTD).

Uniforms will be issued for PSSSE attendees during training.

Immediately after completing PSSSE member will proceed to technical school.

Shipment of HHG is not authorized prior to successful completion of technical school.

Note: Failure to complete technical training may result in discharge.

As for what is allowed, it would be any sage green boot that complies with AFI 36-2903, Dress and Personal Appearance
of Air Force Personnel

Quote:
Sage Green Boots. Will be worn with the Airman battle uniform, the battle dress uniform or the flight duty uniform. Boots will be sage green, lace up with plain rounded toe or rounded capped toe with or without a perforated seam. A zipper or elastic inserts may be worn; however, if worn, they will be without design. Green boots can be either with or without a safety toe.
Exception:
If approved by MAJCOM commanders, black leather boots may be temporarily authorized with ABUs in industrial work environments or in work center where industrial products or processes cause irreparable staining to the sage green suede or tan suede boot. This exception is not specifically restricted to flightline activities and is in effect until a stain-resistant green boot becomes available.

#2365 - 07/04/16 06:16 AM Re: Boots at CCSC [Re: Cmonster]
Cmonster Offline
FNG

MiH thanks for the library help, that is all the information I have been trying to find via Google, ST forums, and recruiter. I think I'll stay on the safe road and go with some good ol standard Bellevilles.

#2366 - 07/04/16 11:00 AM Re: Boots at CCSC [Re: Cmonster]
MiH Offline
FNG

Loc: New York
Anytime man. Get with your recruiter and ask him if he can give you the PS handbook. There is some other information regarding PSSSE in the reporting instructions and other documents you should get from him/her. Best of luck Brother!

#2382 - 07/06/16 10:26 PM Re: Boots at CCSC [Re: Cmonster]
PepperUrAngus Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
Most people wear Rocky S2V, Nikes, Lowas, Rocky C4T....None of these are issued to the candidates, they are bought during basic or right after.

#2389 - 07/08/16 11:33 AM Re: Boots at CCSC [Re: Cmonster]
Cmonster Offline
FNG

Ok good to know because I am definitely bringing aftermarkets for my second pair.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ameff6, skyline481, JSDair, drod03, SG99
3523 Registered Users