Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Welcome to the ST Forums. Your info source for Pararescue, Combat Rescue Officer, Combat Control, Special Tactics Officer, Tactical Air Control Party, Air Liaison Officer & Special Operations Weather
Forum Stats
3864 Members
30 Forums
929 Topics
2968 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 299893
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 150019
TAPAS required? 58170
Age and going for SF 36880
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 35377
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 32478
Length of pipeline training 29967
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 25178
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 24757
New Prior Service Selection for Pararescue 24302
Topic Options
#2461 - 08/16/16 09:16 PM Daily life of a pj
LakeKid Offline
FNG

Loc: Missouri
Okay, I've been sifting through the entirety of the Internet and these forums trying to find the answer to this question, what's the daily life of a pj like? There's all kinds of information out there about the training and what types of missions you do as a pj but I can't seem to find anything about the daily life, and in making a decision about pursuing this it would be great to know what that's like. I guess what I'm really looking for is what do you do between missions? Thanks in advance for any answers that come my way.

#2462 - 08/17/16 10:59 AM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: LakeKid]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
What do you currently do between working as a life guard at a major water park between saving drowning persons and between classes other than studying?

Or rather what do expect in regards of you quality of life becoming, if you do become a PJ, more fulfilling, satisfying and perhaps exciting and rewarding between missions?

#2463 - 08/17/16 12:53 PM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: LakeKid]
LakeKid Offline
FNG

My interest are competing in triathlons, mountain biking, swimming, other than the usual things such as being with friends. Obviously it's a demanding career that would require a pretty rigorous daily exercise routine (I assume), so I guess I'm just wondering how much free time you guys have?

#2464 - 08/17/16 04:02 PM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: LakeKid]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Being mission ready and being available to be utilized to do the duties the Air Force by expenditure of significant public monies provided by tax payers trained you to do is your primary obligation. It's called military service and in choosing a military occupation such as pararescue it is military service that demands from you much of your time and effort.

There are plenty of PJs (and CCT, SOW, TACP too) who participate in off duty activities such as competing in triathlons, mountain biking, swimming, and do things such as being with friends, however your duty schedule which include training to sustain readiness and qualification to be tasked to do a mission has priority over being available to compete in triathlons, being in the fighting ring and etc that have existence of being a scheduled event that conflicts with your duty schedule (which is not a simple 8 hour five days a week shift schedule).

#2465 - 08/17/16 04:11 PM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: LakeKid]
LakeKid Offline
FNG

Okay I assumed as much, thanks for the information.

#2466 - 08/18/16 03:28 PM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: LakeKid]
justacone Offline
Journeyman

Loc: New Mexico
1. PT
2. Paperwork
3. Train
4. and what takes the most time: You're either packing, unpacking, organizing, or checking over gear all the time.

#2527 - 09/11/16 11:57 PM Re: Daily life of a pj [Re: Yukon]
Hoppy Offline
FNG

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Yukon
What do you currently do between working as a life guard at a major water park between saving drowning persons and between classes other than studying?

Or rather what do expect in regards of you quality of life becoming, if you do become a PJ, more fulfilling, satisfying and perhaps exciting and rewarding between missions?

Alcohol. cool

Edited by Hoppy (09/11/16 11:57 PM)

Moderator:  IndocCommandant 
Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
txchill, whynot, IrishCarBomb, atb, Bphelps
3864 Registered Users