Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3430 Members
62 Forums
851 Topics
2761 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 167327
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 86181
TAPAS required? 32057
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26024
Age and going for SF 24948
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 21191
Length of pipeline training 19451
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 17979
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 14569
Reserves 14342
Topic Options
#2185 - 05/01/16 02:35 PM PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection
ImTooTight Offline
FNG

Loc: San Diego
Does anyone know what competitive PAST scores are in order to be selected for Phase 1?

From talking to a PJ friend of mine this is what i've heard:

20+ pull ups
80-100 situps/pushups
Sub 20:00 run
25-26 Min swim

Can anyone corroborate or deny this? Thanks

#2186 - 05/01/16 03:41 PM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: ImTooTight]
MiH Offline
FNG

Loc: New York
Honestly, and in my opinion, you shouldn't look at it as a numbers game. Train your tail off and get the best numbers you can without worrying if you are meeting a 'competitive range'. From what I know, Officers are highly scrutinized in every aspect, mentality, leadership ability, physical ability, etc. They want the best well-rounded person to fill the position, as I am sure you are aware.

Push yourself, and good luck with it!

#2315 - 06/12/16 04:10 PM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: ImTooTight]
ImTooTight Offline
FNG

Loc: San Diego
Obviously I'm pushing myself in every single workout I do. I'm just trying to find some data. I work better with a specific goal, and am wondering if anyone from phase 2 has any good info on the levels of scores guys are getting

#2350 - 06/23/16 03:20 PM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: ImTooTight]
KBroUSAF Offline
FNG

Loc: Arizona
ImTooTight,

If you check out AFI 13-219 V1 and V2 it talks about and has a PT score chart in there for something to work off of. Most current version looks to be Apr 2011.

#2357 - 06/27/16 09:25 AM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: KBroUSAF]
HSLD Offline
FNG

Loc: CA
This is super helpful. Thank you!

#2358 - 06/27/16 10:27 AM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: ImTooTight]
Yukon Online   content
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
The key word in the PAST acronym is ABILITY.

Quote:
Definition: Ability Tests

An ability test is a test to check an individualís ability to perform a certain kind of job. It usually tests the individual for certain skills or whether he is capable of acquiring those skills in the course of the job or through training.

Generally occupational physical ability tests have a pass score or a go/no-go at the lowest possible level and a top score of average.

I cannot address occupational physical ability tests of AFSCs other than pararescue as they were not developed specifically for the AFSC but adopted from pararescue or US Army airborne course or Ranger school prerequisites.

The Pararescue PAST standards had two strong needs for being developed and implemented. The primary purpose is a test to check an individualís ability to perform a certain kind of job. The second purpose connects directly to mission readiness and mission availability. This has two concerns: 1. Is the individual sustaining minimum fitness once trained to perform duties and the second has the person recovered sufficiently after treatment of significant injury or treatment of significant illness to be put back on status to perform duties.

The point being is for selection/screening course and selection and screening training purposes the physical ability test should be considered as a test to demonstrate your best ability rather than the minimum ability.

If you slack off after getting through training your supervisors and teammates will know quickly enough before you even fail the required annual occupational specific fitness test. Failure of that test is generally the last piece of documentation to remove you from the AFSC.

#2598 - 10/16/16 07:26 PM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: ImTooTight]
GW Offline
FNG

Loc: around
ImTooTight- the numbers you posted are good numbers to aim for. I've seen guys get selected with better numbers than those and worse numbers than those.

The P2 cadre do look at the 'whole person' but PT ability is obviously required just to survive the pipeline and it is one of the strongest indicators of one's discipline during preparation. Nothing says "I don't really care" like average PT scores.

GW

#2599 - 10/17/16 10:12 AM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: GW]
Yukon Online   content
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: GW
but PT ability is obviously required just to survive the pipeline and it is one of the strongest indicators of one's discipline during preparation. Nothing says "I don't really care" like average PT scores.
Agree 100%, however from the October 2016 AFOCD, Appendix A, CIP Education Matrices: "Current accessions process incorporates Aptitude, Physical and Leadership assessments." The only two officer AFSCs having this specified are 13C Special Tactics and 13D Combat Rescue. The point being is having best fitness scores may show I care but there is a leadership and aptitude ability potential being looked at too.

#2624 - 10/31/16 09:42 AM Re: PAST Standards for STO Phase 1 selection [Re: Yukon]
GW Offline
FNG

Loc: around
You hit the nail on the head. Bottom line for all of those training... think about holistic development in leadership, teamwork, physical ability, problem solving, etc...

P2 is a holistic assessment. Physical ability does not constitute a panacea for success.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Airmanbasicb, SOWT, dman31, pullease, Ween
3430 Registered Users