Forum Home
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (taykuhls), 2 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
330RCSBFACS, thereddoctor, AustinD, oterorphase, doit456789
3098 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23
Topics949
Posts3,057
Members3,099
Most Online952
Dec 16th, 2016
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1009 - 04/08/15 01:48 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: ]  
Yukon Offline
Operator
Yukon  Offline
Operator

Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: DN123
The two week time limit post medical examination was part of the BA/CS model and that is currently NOT in place. It may resume in the future, the process is currently being evaluated.
Although the Air Force Recruiting Service is objecting to use of PAST and TAPAS as absolute requisites for entry job placement (entry classification) necessary to give somebody a GTEP enlistment contract. The requisites are still in place pertinent to student must meet training day one of the COIE.

The GTEP contract only assures starting training after BMT, a SIE or failure to train elimination from the required courses voids the GTEP agreement. Quality not Quantity, the requisites are known to the applicant, it's the applicant's responsibility and obligation to be in compliance.

#1019 - 04/12/15 04:37 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Yukon Offline
Operator
Yukon  Offline
Operator

Anchorage AK
Also I'm willing to suggest the recent Air Force decision, June 2014, to raise the maximum age for enlisted accession from 27 to 39 certainly contributed to risk concerns of recruiters administrating PAST.

As people age so does the likelihood of administering PAST to an individual with undetected heart disease sufficient to predispose them to cardiac arrest (sudden death} during or within a few hours or so after vigorous exercise (being administered the PAST).

It should be noted the MEPS medical examination doesn't involve any maximal exercise cardiovascular screening sufficient for persons older than 30 years who have not been as physically active as should have been during the months and years prior to taking the PAST or who are unaware, other than high blood pressure, they have advanced heart disease that predisposes them to sudden death during or after vigorous exercising.

Perhaps the WWII commando (Ranger) medical screening standard of blood pressure being within the normal limits for a man of 25 needs to be resurrected for those seeking to entry classify who are older than 27 years of age?

#1020 - 04/13/15 02:17 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
SP Offline
FNG
SP  Offline
FNG

US
I am curious as to where I find the results of the TAPAS? My education center is comprised entirely of new people who have no idea where to get the results or when they will be back after the test is sent to higher.

#1021 - 04/13/15 07:16 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
BEAR13 Offline
Apprentice
BEAR13  Offline
Apprentice

OK
I was in the same boat as you man. I took mine about 2 weeks ago and I was also asking for the scores. I was told by the administator that the scores are not available to the test taker, the scores are actually factored in with other scores to determine an overall score. This is the email the test administrator recieved when he asked on my behalf for the score:

"You are not able to retrieve TAPAS scores using the PCSM website.

There is no such thing as a TAPAS score by itself.
The TAPAS results are combined with other measures and then a score is generated. The applicant has to contact the organization that sent him/her to take the
TAPAS test. They should not be contacting you after the test.

Once we receive the test we will let you know we have gotten it and we will pass the results to the appropriate office for further processing."

I would ask your Spec Ops Liason or whoever you are going through to submit your retraiing package and they might have a better idea of what to do.

#1484 - 07/02/15 07:29 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Flectolux Offline
Apprentice
Flectolux  Offline
Apprentice

Fairchild AFB
Looks like I took the TAPAS in conjunction with the ASVAB like one would normally expect to do, but seeing as at the time the TAPAS was not required at the time that I took it, they seem to have tossed out my results. Retaking the TAPAS on Monday.

#2207 - 05/09/16 05:55 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice
Ecastile  Offline
Apprentice

SF
I asked my recruiter today if TAPAS was still required and he said that its not? What am I missing here? or is this the new 2016 protocol?

#2208 - 05/10/16 07:19 AM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Yukon Offline
Operator
Yukon  Offline
Operator

Anchorage AK
Which AFSC are you trying to enlist for?

#2214 - 05/11/16 04:02 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice
Ecastile  Offline
Apprentice

SF
I've tried to keep myself open for either or (PJ/CCT). I have to retake the asvab because my score expired. I doubt Ill pass the Mechanical requirement I scored a 50 before and didnt study and now that I am studying hopefully I will.

#2215 - 05/11/16 05:04 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Yukon Offline
Operator
Yukon  Offline
Operator

Anchorage AK
AFECD, 30 April 2016:

3.5.1.2. Minimum score of 30 required on CCT selection model completed in Tailored Adaptive Personality Assessment System (TAPAS).

3.5.1.2. Minimum score of 60 required on PJ selection model completed in Tailored Adaptive Personality Assessment System (TAPAS).

The TAPAS is a onetime test available within Military Entrance Processing Command (MEPCOM) for non-prior service recruits. Who's administering the ASVAB, your recruiter (meaning its not the production ASVAB used for classification purposes) or are you taking it at MEPS?

#2216 - 05/11/16 05:21 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]  
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice
Ecastile  Offline
Apprentice

SF
Yeah I would be taking it at MEPS. He said that they did away with it? I was told by another recruiter the same thing. I'm very confused now, hes really solid recruiter my case alone has required over a year and half of work.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Popular Topics(Views)