Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3931 Members
62 Forums
946 Topics
3022 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 287528
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 143446
TAPAS required? 55430
Age and going for SF 35558
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 33847
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 31709
Length of pipeline training 28764
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 23618
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 23502
Reserves 23090
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2217 - 05/11/16 04:42 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not in your control.

As I have stated before things are subject to change during 2016 as decision has been made to get women into training this year.

During the first or second week of June the AETC PJ/CRO, CCT/STO, TACP/13D ALO and SOW courses will all fall under a Battlefield Airman training group. This will result in organizations such as Det 1, 442nd (PJ-CRO School, Kirtland AFB) becoming a squadron under the group.

Connected to this are other changes I'm not at liberty to discuss. However the Chaparral Pool will also be owned by the new group, I've attached a picture I took last week to show pool is being prepared for the group's imminent standup.

Attachments
Chaparral Pool.jpg (35 downloads)
Description: Chaparral Pool

#2218 - 05/11/16 04:54 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

Loc: SF
I see, yeah I'm not worried about it per say. I just hate the idea of a personality test determining if it thinks I'm qualified for a job. But thats a discussion for another time. I'll update when I go in and take my Asvab next week and see if I'm still required to or not. Thanks as always Yukon! You are the man.

#2219 - 05/11/16 06:34 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Originally Posted By: BEAR13
There is no such thing as a TAPAS score by itself.
The TAPAS results are combined with other measures and then a score is generated.
The TAPAS by itself for Air Force entry classification (entry job placement) connected to getting a GTEP contract never, I repeat never, determined being qualified or unqualified by itself. The score is a composite score using other weighted factors in arriving at such determination, particularly, for example when there is a PAST fail or a marginal PAST pass.

#2221 - 05/12/16 02:44 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: Yukon]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Yukon
Originally Posted By: BEAR13
There is no such thing as a TAPAS score by itself.
The TAPAS results are combined with other measures and then a score is generated.
The TAPAS by itself for Air Force entry classification (entry job placement) connected to getting a GTEP contract never, I repeat never, determined being qualified or unqualified by itself. The score is a composite score using other weighted factors in arriving at such determination, particularly, for example when there is a PAST fail or a marginal PAST pass.

Oh ok so they take your TAPAS score and factor it in with your PAST results? Im not worried about the test I just have read things online and hear that it can seem contradictory if youre not consistent in your answers when two things may apply to the same person and when it comes to something you passionately want to do you never want it decided by that.

#2242 - 05/17/16 06:27 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Emphasizing in two consecutive posts not being worried about TAPAS combines with effort to G2 the test is at minimum being concerned about the TAPAS.

However your more relevant concern should be your complete ACL surgery connected to your 2009 medical disqualification removal from the CCT training pipeline.

Getting a medical waiver doesn't assure the medical waiver will not be evaluated as being appropriate during the Development course or the Indoc course. I was visiting Medina Lackland Training Annex the beginning of May and ran across a Med hold student who was getting the medical cause for the waiver looked at again.

#2248 - 05/18/16 10:49 AM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: Yukon]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

Emphasizing in two consecutive posts not being worried about TAPAS combines with effort to G2 the test is at minimum being concerned about the TAPAS.

However your more relevant concern should be your complete ACL surgery connected to your 2009 medical disqualification removal from the CCT training pipeline.

Getting a medical waiver doesn't assure the medical waiver will not be evaluated as being appropriate during the Development course or the Indoc course. I was visiting Medina Lackland Training Annex the beginning of May and ran across a Med hold student who was getting the medical cause for the waiver looked at again.

Absolutely agree with what you're saying. The status of my surgery has not changed since initially being cleared by Meps when I first enlisted. The issue was once getting to basic training was that I was there too soon after surgery and not that any other injury's were sustained. I've had no issues with my knee and have fought professionally since but I agree that nothing will be guaranteed. I apologize about my repetitiveness in my posts I was not fully understanding the process of the TAPAS and its clear now.

#2249 - 05/18/16 11:10 AM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: Yukon]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

Also just out of curiosity, was the students waiver that was being looked at regarding ACL surgery? Again thanks for the info! Ive said it before and I'll say it again, You are the man! smile

#2250 - 05/18/16 02:57 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: Ecastile]
Yukon Offline
Operator

It had to do with the knee. I didn't press for details as it was irrelevant to me as there was nothing I could intervene with or advice I could provide.

He was upset in that his waiver was approved to enlist and when the docs followed up with during the development and indoc courses the where not happy in what the x-rays were telling them as far as the impact the training was having on the knee. He could not understand why although the knee was not giving him any problem as to why the waiver may be revoked.

Had the server hosting these forums not crashed and many years of posts since 1999 to 2014 being lost there would have been many posts to be read about medical waivers not being a sure thing as such medical conditions causing the waiver get monitored.

I am completely retired and have no official capacity or position to get involved with anything other than what my reputation as a PJ for 23 years gives me out of professional courtesy. Until this year I had a house that I resided in for twenty years which allowed me more dependable lines of communications. I now live in a smart house that I drive to a new location once I tire of current location.

At the moment my RV is parked in Padre Island National Seashore, Corpus Christ, Texas. Internet and cell phone service is iffy. Back in April I visited the PJ-CRO school house, Kirtland AFB and a few weeks ago I visited the PJ Development and the BA training squadron, Medinia and I will be back there at the end of the month.

Attachments
1462544746232.jpg (9 downloads)
Description: 342nd Training Squadron Sign

Indoc.jpg (11 downloads)
Description: Development & Indoc Course Facility

#2251 - 05/18/16 03:14 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: Yukon]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

It had to do with the knee. I didn't press for details as it was irrelevant to me as there was nothing I could intervene with or advice I could provide.

He was upset in that his waiver was approved to enlist and when the docs followed up with during the development and indoc courses the where not happy in what the x-rays were telling them as far as the impact the training was having on the knee. He could not understand why although the knee was not giving him any problem as to why the waiver may be revoked.

Had the server these forums had not crashed and many years of of posts since 1999 to 2014 being lost there would have been many posts to be read about medical waivers not being a sure thing as such medical conditions causing the waiver get monitored.

Ah I see. The ACL injury's are tricky. I was told my by doctor that my knee is theoretically stronger. Since they replace the ligament with an Achilles tendon which is stronger (i think about 3xs stronger but I may be slightly off on that). I also had my surgery with the best sports ortho's in the bay area who do the professional athletes. Now obviously that means little to nothing to the Air Force. With that being said I've experienced no problems doing any running or rucking. Most of it is out of my control at this point, all I can do it strengthen my knee and body and trust in the medical staff that deal with these issues if my waiver is reviewed. Thanks again!

#2293 - 06/06/16 07:18 PM Re: TAPAS required? [Re: JBrandlen]
Ecastile Offline
Apprentice

I took the Tapas at meps btw, and I must say that test is a really poor way in determining personalities. I only say that because it will give you two choices that may not be true about yourself such as

Are you normally an unhappy person
Or
Do you not enjoy to exercise

(Not exact questions just the types of questions that can be asked)

I had about 50 questions where neither question applied to me personally and I had to pick one answer that wasn't true about my self. I don't know how I did they don't give you the results but that's my rant. Haha

Edited by Ecastile (06/06/16 07:18 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  IndocCommandant 
Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
1 registered (MaC2k1), 11 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Van, BC15, Russ83, civ_into_mil, Jose3012
3931 Registered Users