Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3523 Members
62 Forums
863 Topics
2806 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 188196
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 94911
TAPAS required? 35605
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26935
Age and going for SF 26705
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 23026
Length of pipeline training 20983
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 18706
Reserves 15787
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 15137
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2747 - 01/16/17 11:41 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
snicklefrits Offline
FNG

Loc: Nellis AFB
Yukon,

I have requested for retraining and currently waiting on AFPC.

Any suggestions on what to do next besides keep training?

I'm at Nellis AFB and it seems like no one here knows where I should go to get a "commander sponsored" PAST test done. I've spoken with the recruiter out here and was told he might be able to find someone to administer it.

Thank you.

V/r

D

D

#2748 - 01/16/17 05:24 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
AFPC is the coordinating agency on your retraining application and giving you info on what you need to get done.

There is a Pararescue Assessment TDY retraining applicants get sent TDY to.

#2749 - 01/16/17 09:42 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: snicklefrits]
leroyjenkins Offline
FNG

Loc: florida
since your at Nellis there is a rescue squadron I would recommend getting in contact with a PJ there. Any PJ should be able to administer the PAST. Also do you know about the guys that train together there that want retrain? They definitely will get you ready.

#2751 - 01/17/17 05:40 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
SP Offline
FNG

Loc: US
I know some of the guys at the RQS at Nellis, if you'd like to be put in touch. One of them is a straight fucking beast.

#2752 - 01/17/17 05:53 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: snicklefrits]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Originally Posted By: snicklefrits
Yukon,

Any suggestions on what to do next besides keep training?

I hope in giving replies all you current airman made an effort to read the Aug 2015 retraining guide found on MYPERS. Point being is the OP hasn't disclosed much useful info in where in the application process he/she is currently at.

Getting administered a PAST is sort of the jumping the gun when the process hasn't even gotten to the point of obtaining an initial Class III and SOF medical examination.

#2753 - 01/17/17 09:40 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: Yukon]
snicklefrits Offline
FNG

I must have misinterpreted an old post from (possibly) a different forum. I thought it read something along the lines of getting your entire cross training package squared away before even hitting request. Now I see why that wouldn't be ideal... if possible.

Thank you for your time.

D

#2755 - 01/18/17 08:29 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
Yukon Offline
Operator

MYPERS and other info available on Department of the Air Force computer systems (Requires Common Access Card to gain access) has made retraining processes and procedures extremely transparent.

The info put out officially and made available to those desiring to retrain out of current AFSC into Battlefield Airman AFSCs on MYPERS and Department of the Air Force computer systems was extremely difficult, if not impossible, for FTA and career airman to obtain prior to the year 2000.

Getting your entire cross training package squared away is primarily connected to being able to comfortably pass PAST requirement and being knowledgeable of the AFSC description published in the current Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory. It also requires at minimum being familiar with and understanding knowledgeable of the retraining AFI, the retraining guide and other info found in MYPERS retraining area.

Pararescue retraining is perhaps the most transparent as additional info can be obtained direct from the 342 TRS Sharepoint, which has a re-training link below Combat Training Flight, Pararescue.

https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/gl...amp;command=org (Please note a common access card (CAC) is needed to login to the system to access the link.)

#2768 - 01/23/17 10:24 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
snicklefrits Offline
FNG

I understand. I've read through all the material you stated above. waiting on an email from AFPC at this point.

D

#2799 - 02/22/17 06:06 PM Re: New Prior Service Selection for Pararescue [Re: kpanich]
SSvo Offline
FNG

Loc: Hampton, Virginia
I haven't seen activity on this thread for a couple months and wanted to just say best of luck to anyone who is preparing to go to assessment! I was lucky enough to attend this January and go with a great team. Here are some pointers for those interested to better prepare you. Keep in mind this is just the point of view of someone whos been through assessment. Functionality and endurance goes further then just lifting weights. Don't train just for the PAST or Operator test. Training to get your freestyle swim time down is good for evaluation but spending as much if not more time on alternate watercon is better. There will be times it outright sucks, just remember the guys to your left and right are going through the same suck so support your team. These words are overused but it truly is a humbling and amazing experience that gives a glimpse on what's to come. Lastly, if your going to assessment and get accepted chances are you will have a leadership position while at dev/indoc. Some guys were solid but just lacked this ability. Read books, utilize PME, whatever you have to do in order to build and develop your ability. Of course you want to be solid with your cals, run, swim, etc. prior to heading into pipeline training. The reason you want to be solid is to utilize time focusing on the team instead of struggling to meet weekly standards. If anyone has additional pointers or prepardness tips for me for the pipeline don't hesitate to shoot me a pm, thanks!

Edited by SSvo (02/22/17 06:10 PM)

#2808 - 03/11/17 11:39 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
Nobody2 Offline
FNG

Loc: Ohio
Hello everyone! This being the first time I've heard of a "retrainee" assessment I have one quick question. I've been enlisted for the past 7 years. The first 3 were active and then I switched to the reserves which I've been ever since. I'm currently in the process of going back Active with my Main goal of getting a pararescue contract. Already got the approval from my unit just waiting on my ADAF to work her magic. If accepted back into active would the assessment be something I would get to attend? Or since technically I separated and I'm guessing I'd be considered prior service , would that mean I would just go straight to DEV..... any light that can be shed would be great.

Thanks in advance and god bless!

-Banks

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ameff6, skyline481, JSDair, drod03, SG99
3523 Registered Users