Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3931 Members
62 Forums
946 Topics
3022 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 287528
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 143446
TAPAS required? 55430
Age and going for SF 35558
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 33847
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 31709
Length of pipeline training 28764
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 23618
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 23502
Reserves 23090
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2195 - 05/04/16 10:38 AM PJ Retraining Assessment
KBroUSAF Offline
FNG

Loc: Arizona
Wondering if anyone on the forums has been told they'll be attending the 11-15 July PJ retraining assessment? I will be attending it according to AFPC/CFM, but have not received my formal invite yet.

#2223 - 05/13/16 04:17 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
Something Offline
FNG

Loc: Delaware
I just got word today that I will be part of the assessment.

#2224 - 05/13/16 06:54 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
RGSx7 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: VA
There's a pj assessment now?

#2226 - 05/14/16 11:20 AM New Prior Service Selection for Pararescue
kpanich Offline
FNG

Loc: USA
I have heard that there is a prior service selection for retraininees going back for PJ, and I heard it was Phase 2, is this true?

#2227 - 05/14/16 04:04 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
kpanich Offline
FNG

Loc: USA
Is this going to be for every prior service member or is it just a trial they are doing?

#2230 - 05/15/16 05:27 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
Missouri Offline
FNG

Loc: Ma
I'm in the same situation.

#2232 - 05/16/16 08:22 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
KBroUSAF Offline
FNG

Shellfish,

They just implemented it in March for the retrainees. I guess they liked what they saw coming out of the CCT one.

and Kpanich,

By "prior service" I figure you mean anyone in the military or has been in the mil already. But retrainees and prior service are actually two separate entities. Prior service, in this case only refers to people who have separated and are enlisting/ commissioning again. With that being said, this assessment is only for retrainees and not for prior service members, they will enter into the pipeline the same as a non-prior service member. As for it being a trial...I have no idea, but I assume if it works out then it will stay. I know the CCT one has been around for a while and seems to work. Hope this clears some stuff up.

#2235 - 05/17/16 07:26 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: KBroUSAF]
JohnG Offline
FNG

Loc: NM
KBroUSAF is right, it was based off the idea of the CCT/SOWT assessment. It gives the cadre a better chance to send individuals they feel are more prepared for the pipeline, as it is ran by AFSOC and not AETC.

#2236 - 05/17/16 09:02 AM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: JohnG]
KBroUSAF Offline
FNG

JohnG, is this PJ one being ran by AFSOC as well?

#2241 - 05/17/16 05:21 PM Re: PJ Retraining Assessment [Re: kpanich]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
John,

Hope you are doing well! We have started a retraining assessment. It consists of two phases, similar to that for CROs, CCT, STOs, etc. Phase I is when the applicant goes through MyPers/AFPC to apply for retraining in the careerfield. Once they have been vetted by AFPC/DPSIT and have met all the minimum entry requirements I review the package then schedule them for the next assessment. Currently, we have only run one assessment (Mar 16), and have another one scheduled for July 16. This stems from an 85% attrition rate at the Course of Initial Entry (Development/Indoc), and frankly bringing them in has been a waste of available resources. Phase II is the eyes on assessment that takes place over a 5 day period at Lackland AFB (Medina Annex). During this they will be evaluated by PJ SMEs for physical, mental, intellectual, psychological, and leadership abilities, along with their potential for being successful. We will not share the specifics (obviously) of what takes place during the week, but they need to be physically ready. It should be mentioned to every candidate that the PAST is simply the basic entry requirement and retrainees should be WELL ABOVE that minimum standard.

We are not able to assess Prior Service candidates unfortunately, as AFRS has stated that they have the sole responsibility to assess and enter PS and NPS to AD positions. I believe the TAPAS is given to every candidate entering the AF, not just BA. For the retraining assessment we are utilizing the NEO, along with Psych docs that will be in attendance the entire assessment, where they will complete cadre and student peer/360 assessments throughout the week.

I hope this is the info you are looking for. If you have any further questions, shoot them my way.

Attached link is direct to the 342 TRS Sharepoint, there is a re-training link below Combat Training Flight, Pararescue. This should have some of the information that they need. We are still developing this site and will update it as we progress:

https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/gl...amp;command=org (Please note a common access card (CAC) is needed to login to access the link.)

Ken

Kenneth J. Howk, CMSgt, USAF
HQ AETC/A3TB
Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph, TX
Pararescue MFM
DSN: 487-xxxx
Comm: (210) 652-xxxx

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Van, BC15, Russ83, civ_into_mil, Jose3012
3931 Registered Users