Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Welcome to the ST Forums. Your info source for Pararescue, Combat Rescue Officer, Combat Control, Special Tactics Officer, Tactical Air Control Party, Air Liaison Officer & Special Operations Weather
Forum Stats
3864 Members
30 Forums
929 Topics
2968 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 299893
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 150019
TAPAS required? 58170
Age and going for SF 36880
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 35377
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 32478
Length of pipeline training 29967
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 25178
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 24757
New Prior Service Selection for Pararescue 24302
Topic Options
#2875 - 04/14/17 06:05 AM TACP Prep Course
gpill Offline
FNG

Loc: Hurlburt Field, Florida
As stated in my intro I am AD and got accepted to retrain to TACP and have a preparatory course start date in august and if successful scheduled for the apprentice course the week after that.. Trying to get in touch with a POC for any information regarding uniforms, boots, etc . My interviewer did not have much insight on what the "new" pipeline would be like as he did not know when it would get implemented. Again simply want to verify some information i saw on the ETCA page, I contacted the POC on there but they were not very helpful.

#2881 - 04/17/17 10:41 AM Re: TACP Prep Course [Re: gpill]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
There are constant rumors of TACP apprentice course changes. Most that involve significant change have connection to JTAC becoming an award of 3-level AFSC requirement.

Most of current rumor is connected to a August 2016 Program guidance memorandum that will become void in August 2017 unless something is implemented as a new requirement in the AFECD (Apr 2017), CFETP (July 2016) or AFI 13-113v1 (July 2014).

Quote:
SUBJECT: Air Force Guidance Memorandum for AFI13-113, Volume 1, Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Training Program, 26 August 2016:

The following change adds JTAC Volunteer requirements to AFI13-113, Volume 1. Air Liaison Officer (ALO - P13LX) and TACP Operator (1C4XX) personnel are required to become Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) certified in order to perform operational duties. Add new paragraph 1.2.3.8. Primary AFSC ALO and TACP operator personnel who do not volunteer in writing to perform JTAC duties as a prerequisite to enter formal TACP training. Individuals who withdraw their volunteer status must be removed from AETC or Combat Air Forces AFSC 13L, 1C4, or JTAC formal training. Individuals must sign an Air Force Memorandum per AFMAN 33-326, with the following statement, I volunteer to control close air support missions as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller under any and all conditions, including hostile action against an armed enemy.

This Memorandum becomes void after one-year has elapsed from the date of this memorandum, or upon publication of an Interim Change or rewrite of AFI 13-113, Volume 1, Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Training Program, whichever is earlier. There are no reliability restrictions on this memorandum. [/color]

The current April 2017 AFECD indicates JTAC qualification remains an award of 5-skill level AFSC requirement.

Quote:
3.5.3. For award and retention of AFSC 1C451/71/91/00, certification as a JTAC according to AFI 13-112, Volume 1, Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Training Program, and Volume 2, Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Standardization/Evaluation Program.

The current July 2016 CFETP does state:

"Apprentice Level Training: Some equipment items and vehicles are not yet procured. These items are funded and will be ordered in FY17. Loan of equipment from operational units and internal adjustments (e.g. temporary increase of student to equipment ratios) have been coordinated." But fails to give any indications of a new pipeline being considered or implemented.

Although I can enter an academic for the fun of it discussions about the recent emphasis of I volunteer to control CAS as a JTAC entry classification requirement this discussion is separate from required initial skills training for award of any AFSC.

The significant driving change to initial skill training requirements for award of TACP 3-level AFSC is inseparably connected to at what skill level does gaining and sustaining JTAC qualifications become mandatory for award and retention of award of the TACP skill level AFSC.

#2898 - 04/24/17 03:35 AM Re: TACP Prep Course [Re: gpill]
gpill Offline
FNG

Loc: Hurlburt Field, Florida
Great information with references so that I know where to start looking for any changes. thanks

#3020 - 08/06/17 06:53 PM Re: TACP Prep Course [Re: gpill]
ConesWantToBePJs Offline
FNG

Loc: New York
I know that there as been a new program implemented for the battle field airman called the BA PREP COURSE. From what I heard from people who just recently attended, it is 2 months ran by t3i instructors. Do tacp candidates go through this as well with pararescue, sowt, and cct candidates? If so does that come right after bmt and before the tacp prep school or is this new program the new tacp prep school

#3021 - 08/07/17 11:00 AM Re: TACP Prep Course [Re: gpill]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Yes, all enlisted no-prior service with a GTEP enlistment contract for a BA AFSC (Combat Control, Pararescue, Special Operations Weather, and TACP) report to BA Prep course upon completing BMT. BTW the first class started 5 June 2017 and ended 27 July 2017 (52 days). Upon successfully completing the students report to the course of initial entry for the AFSC the possess a GTEP enlistment contract for.

BA Prep

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
txchill, whynot, IrishCarBomb, atb, Bphelps
3864 Registered Users