Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3869 Members
62 Forums
939 Topics
2993 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 267024
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 132990
TAPAS required? 50980
Age and going for SF 33810
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 31584
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 30623
Length of pipeline training 27079
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 21590
Reserves 21562
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 21396
Topic Options
#2958 - 06/05/17 09:53 AM Family lodging during the Pipeline
EZK Offline
FNG

Loc: UnitedStates
Hello, I was wondering if there are temporary on base lodging available for families at the different Pipeline schools? I know my family can get housing at Kirtland, but, seeing how I would probably not be there for a while, I was seeing if they could visit periodically at the different schools. Thanks for your time.

#2960 - 06/11/17 01:22 PM Re: Family lodging during the Pipeline [Re: EZK]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Students in the training pipeline are considered unaccompanied duty transients at the TDY training location. In this perspective there is no lodging funding or traveling funding authorized for family members at the training locations.

Family members consequently lack duty connected permanent change of assignment transient status which brings with it minimal guest priority entitlement (due to space/vacancy availability and the sponsoring student being there in TDY status) to a room in on-base guest quarters (aka Transient lodging). This means most likely the student will be paying out-of-pocket (not reimbursed) to put family members into lodging at an off-base hotel or motel, which may not be close to base or convenient to visiting purposes during training at the TDY training location.

There are previous posts that discuss the merits of family members being at TDY location being a useful benifit or an impediment in getting through training. Seek out those posts, reads them, and form your own opinion of the advantage or disadvantage of getting through training.

#2961 - 06/11/17 07:20 PM Re: Family lodging during the Pipeline [Re: EZK]
NWakin Offline
FNG

Loc: Arizona
My statement will be that of my opinion and will not reflect on success of training or operations.

I look at the pipeline as a way to "somewhat" prepare your family for what its like when you will be on deployment. While being deployed and being TDY has their differences it is still a good way for your family to form a routine on how things will be done when you are gone. Your family is now part of the military and will have to get used to you being gone. I can say from experience that deployments are hard and if you have the opportunity to prepare your family before a real deployment you will be setting them up for success when you leave.

On the other hand I would imagine that anyone attempting to complete this pipeline would need as little outside distractions as possible, this is your first real sacrifice going into a career field that will constantly ask you to sacrifice your time, your family, and your hobbies. This pipeline will be a test on you and your willingness to sacrifice for something bigger than you.

Good luck sir and keep getting after it. You will never regret the adventures you will partake in when you join the Air Force.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JS_818, GMH, JKislow, WithoutIntent, Collier45
3869 Registered Users