Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Welcome to the ST Forums. Your info source for Pararescue, Combat Rescue Officer, Combat Control, Special Tactics Officer, Tactical Air Control Party, Air Liaison Officer & Special Operations Weather
Forum Stats
3868 Members
30 Forums
933 Topics
2980 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 300392
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 150212
TAPAS required? 58278
Age and going for SF 36973
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 35472
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 32512
Length of pipeline training 30047
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 25240
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 24808
New Prior Service Selection for Pararescue 24379
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2884 - 04/17/17 12:09 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
There is no requirement to have current award of a RATE, NEC or MOS that converts to an Air Force AFSC, but the 'practical' purpose of enlisting prior service is to put into an occupation the individual has been trained to do that the Air Force has a need for.

Practical has no absolute or mostly attached to it other than there is a favorability connected to "Prior to sister-service personnel being accessed, they must meet the mandatory entry/award requirements listed in the AFSC specialty description for the applicable AFSC." Clearly none of the favorability is applicable to prior service trying to enlist in the Air Force to entry classify into the Battlefield Airman AFSCs.

The repercussions are connected to the Reentry (reenlistment) code and separation code on the DD-214. Even having the best possible codes have no assurances of being eligible to reenlist.

Your best source of getting an idea of being able to reenlist in the Navy or the Air Force is ask the Navy what the reentry (reenlistment)code and separation code will likely be on your separation DD-214 from the Navy and your eligibility to reenlist in the Navy after being separated with those codes. Should you get the opportunity to enlist in the Air Force to entry classify into combat control and get separated before completing training the difficulty to reenlist in the Air Force would at best be the same.

Reenlistment is not a right or an entitlement and once separated getting that reenlistment opportunity is always more difficult than reenlisting without a break in service.

You have no simple and easy route available.

#2885 - 04/17/17 01:53 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]
Vegeta Offline
FNG

Loc: Norfolk VA
Well, there aren't simple or easy routes once in so why make it simple or easy to obtain. Thanks for the information, I'll have to take some time to weigh my decisions heavily.

-Payton

#3015 - 08/02/17 06:05 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Yukon]
DeltaRomeo Offline
FNG

Loc: Nevada
Yukon,
Do you know where an FTA would look or go to find their AETC 125A? From what I am understanding, I will need it in my package to retrain back into the CCT career field. My window opens later this year and im trying to have as much of the paperwork ill need together before hand. Also, I SIE'd from the pipeline because i simply didnt have what it took at the time. after giving myself almost 4 years to make up for my past deficiencies, I feel that Im ready. But will my SIE be held against me? I read how i may have been non recommended for re entry into any BA AFSC, but do they ever accept people back that SIE, even with a non rec?

Thank you in advance

#3016 - 08/03/17 09:33 AM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]
Yukon Online
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Contact the folks at the Combat Control Selection Course for copy of AETC Form 125A.

Pertinent to the SIE administrative action.

Maintaining volunteer status is mandatory to remain in some career fields to include initial entry classification qualification training required to entry classify into some career fields.

Quote:
*Self Initiated Elimination—Students in specified courses (e.g., combat control, pararescue, SERE, air traffic control, explosive ordnance disposal) may elect to eliminate themselves from this training by removing volunteer status.

Volunteer status is a prerequisite to continue in certain career fields. Students who withdraw their volunteer status cannot continue in the career field or the associated pipeline courses. Students who graduate BMT and belong to Aircrew Operations (1AXXX); Combat Control/Special Tactics Officer; Pararescue/Combat Rescue Officer; Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE); Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD); Special Operations Weather Team (SOWT); Air Liaison Officer (ALO), or Officer Space and Missile Operations may not withdraw their volunteer status before they have officially entered the course of initial entry (COIE).

AETC Form 125A, Block 3 recommend/non-recommend is primarily applicable to the reclassification action done when you were removed from training and classified into current AFSC. Pertinent to an SIE, the AETC Form 125A will clearly indicate that the student initiated withdrawal from the career field or a requirement of the career field. It is mandatory the form must accurately capture the student's rationale for self-elimination.

The SIE, particularly from initial qualification to perform pararescue duties no longer carries the stigma of being considered a permanent removing of volunteer willingness to perform Pararescue duties. Seldom back in the old days (1947-ca. 1990s) did a SIEed student from initial qualification training to perform Pararescue duties gain approval to renter training.

These days of Battlefiald Airman classification the Self Initiated Elimination is considered non-permanent voluntary request for disqualification that doesn't disqualify eligibility to submit retrain requests when eligible as a FTA or career NCO.

#3023 - 08/08/17 07:48 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Yukon]
DeltaRomeo Offline
FNG

Loc: Nevada
Thank you for your assistance sir. I Contacted them and got my 125A.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hangfire87, yeager, Lucasch, tafrancis, txchill
3868 Registered Users