Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#2884 - 04/17/17 02:09 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Yukon Online
Operator
Yukon  Online
Operator

Anchorage AK
There is no requirement to have current award of a RATE, NEC or MOS that converts to an Air Force AFSC, but the 'practical' purpose of enlisting prior service is to put into an occupation the individual has been trained to do that the Air Force has a need for.

Practical has no absolute or mostly attached to it other than there is a favorability connected to "Prior to sister-service personnel being accessed, they must meet the mandatory entry/award requirements listed in the AFSC specialty description for the applicable AFSC." Clearly none of the favorability is applicable to prior service trying to enlist in the Air Force to entry classify into the Battlefield Airman AFSCs.

The repercussions are connected to the Reentry (reenlistment) code and separation code on the DD-214. Even having the best possible codes have no assurances of being eligible to reenlist.

Your best source of getting an idea of being able to reenlist in the Navy or the Air Force is ask the Navy what the reentry (reenlistment)code and separation code will likely be on your separation DD-214 from the Navy and your eligibility to reenlist in the Navy after being separated with those codes. Should you get the opportunity to enlist in the Air Force to entry classify into combat control and get separated before completing training the difficulty to reenlist in the Air Force would at best be the same.

Reenlistment is not a right or an entitlement and once separated getting that reenlistment opportunity is always more difficult than reenlisting without a break in service.

You have no simple and easy route available.

#2885 - 04/17/17 03:53 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Vegeta Offline
FNG
Vegeta  Offline
FNG

Norfolk VA
Well, there aren't simple or easy routes once in so why make it simple or easy to obtain. Thanks for the information, I'll have to take some time to weigh my decisions heavily.

-Payton

#3015 - 08/02/17 08:05 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Yukon]  
DeltaRomeo Offline
FNG
DeltaRomeo  Offline
FNG

Nevada
Yukon,
Do you know where an FTA would look or go to find their AETC 125A? From what I am understanding, I will need it in my package to retrain back into the CCT career field. My window opens later this year and im trying to have as much of the paperwork ill need together before hand. Also, I SIE'd from the pipeline because i simply didnt have what it took at the time. after giving myself almost 4 years to make up for my past deficiencies, I feel that Im ready. But will my SIE be held against me? I read how i may have been non recommended for re entry into any BA AFSC, but do they ever accept people back that SIE, even with a non rec?

Thank you in advance

#3016 - 08/03/17 11:33 AM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Yukon Online
Operator
Yukon  Online
Operator

Anchorage AK
Contact the folks at the Combat Control Selection Course for copy of AETC Form 125A.

Pertinent to the SIE administrative action.

Maintaining volunteer status is mandatory to remain in some career fields to include initial entry classification qualification training required to entry classify into some career fields.

Quote:
*Self Initiated EliminationStudents in specified courses (e.g., combat control, pararescue, SERE, air traffic control, explosive ordnance disposal) may elect to eliminate themselves from this training by removing volunteer status.

Volunteer status is a prerequisite to continue in certain career fields. Students who withdraw their volunteer status cannot continue in the career field or the associated pipeline courses. Students who graduate BMT and belong to Aircrew Operations (1AXXX); Combat Control/Special Tactics Officer; Pararescue/Combat Rescue Officer; Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE); Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD); Special Operations Weather Team (SOWT); Air Liaison Officer (ALO), or Officer Space and Missile Operations may not withdraw their volunteer status before they have officially entered the course of initial entry (COIE).

AETC Form 125A, Block 3 recommend/non-recommend is primarily applicable to the reclassification action done when you were removed from training and classified into current AFSC. Pertinent to an SIE, the AETC Form 125A will clearly indicate that the student initiated withdrawal from the career field or a requirement of the career field. It is mandatory the form must accurately capture the student's rationale for self-elimination.

The SIE, particularly from initial qualification to perform pararescue duties no longer carries the stigma of being considered a permanent removing of volunteer willingness to perform Pararescue duties. Seldom back in the old days (1947-ca. 1990s) did a SIEed student from initial qualification training to perform Pararescue duties gain approval to renter training.

These days of Battlefiald Airman classification the Self Initiated Elimination is considered non-permanent voluntary request for disqualification that doesn't disqualify eligibility to submit retrain requests when eligible as a FTA or career NCO.

#3023 - 08/08/17 09:48 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Yukon]  
DeltaRomeo Offline
FNG
DeltaRomeo  Offline
FNG

Nevada
Thank you for your assistance sir. I Contacted them and got my 125A.

#3154 - 11/03/17 08:47 AM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
JBems002 Offline
FNG
JBems002  Offline
FNG

Fussa, Japan
I’ve been in for about a year and I’m currently overseas in Japan. I’ve been trying to find out how to cross train back into Pararescue? I SIE ed during ETD and I was wondering if I’d be able to cross train back into Pararescue?

Would my SIE be a issue with me crossing back?

My Deros is 18Oct19, would me being overseas affect my process?

#3155 - 11/03/17 08:50 AM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Yukon]  
JBems002 Offline
FNG
JBems002  Offline
FNG

Fussa, Japan
I’ve been in for about a year and I’m currently overseas in Japan. I’ve been trying to find out how to cross train back into Pararescue? I SIE ed during ETD and I was wondering if I’d be able to cross train back into Pararescue?

Would my SIE be a issue with me crossing back?

My Deros is 18Oct19, would me being overseas affect my process?

#3185 - 11/13/17 10:54 AM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Thojack Offline
FNG
Thojack  Offline
FNG

Norcal
Question regarding Retraining as a Staff Select

Currently there are slots available for retraining into SERE. A fellow coworker and myself have been going through the process of completing all the paperwork and awaiting a class date. We are both in a very similar situation as far as status goes (FTA, TIS, TIG, PAST Scores, etc...) We both made staff this year and are currently waiting to sew on. He was just told he was not accepted to retrain because they are only taking SrA. Does anyone have any information to assist in this situation? I would hate to hear back with the same response and miss an opportunity to retrain after I have gone through all the time and AF money to get to this point. I understand the manning issue but it seems odd to me they wont take an individual who has passed all the prerequisites to attend selection because they were able to make rank. As far as I know wouldn't we still fall under the SrA category and be able to be accepted or do they already classify staff selects under an NCO position. An reference to an AFI or regulation(s) would be appreciated. Thanks

#3189 - 11/13/17 12:43 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Yukon Online
Operator
Yukon  Online
Operator

Anchorage AK
JBems002, your retrain eligible, either FTA or NCORP, is governed by AFI 36-2626 Airman Retraining Program. Additional AFSC specific info is found on MYPERs as far as numbers in rank/grade the AFSC has available to put a retrain applicant hopeful into. The existence of a previous SIE by itself is not typically a not eligible determinant. What is documented in the AETC Form 125A, Record of Administrative Training Action, generated by your removal from training might or may be of concern, but doesn't prevent eligibility to submit the retrain application.

#3190 - 11/13/17 01:13 PM Re: Cross training questions [Re: Ecastile]  
Yukon Online
Operator
Yukon  Online
Operator

Anchorage AK
Thojack. It's the needs of the Air Force and in this case the rank and grade the AFSC needs. The hate to hear back with same response and miss opportunity is your excuse that you own if you don't submit a retrain application.

The physical fitness training time is beneficial regardless whether you retrain or not as it give you ability to pass the annual Air Force fitness test and hopefully stay off the overweight with large waist person program. As the Air Force hasn't invested any training dollars to retrain you into SERE your asserting the waste of AF money is an argument lacking substance.

The only argument of substance being made concerns SSgt selects still being SrA. This is entirely correct as award of 7-skill level AFSC requires holding and being in grade of E-5, E-6, E-7, and E8. The being a SSgt select is for lack of better explanation a gray transition situation as until the day you get promoted and sew on the SSgt stripes you assignment actions are determined as holding a 5-skill level AFSC. Once SSgt is sewn on assignment actions are determined on holding 7-skill level. Although AF policy does give significant skill level not commensurate to rank and grade consideration for the enlisted airman in approved retrain status and for a period of time 3-skill level in a new AFSC is awarded the disconnect in this consideration is the approved retrain application. Your choice is to submit or not submit the retrain application. The choice not to submit is something you own, not the Air Force.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Popular Topics(Views)