Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3931 Members
62 Forums
946 Topics
3022 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 287528
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 143446
TAPAS required? 55430
Age and going for SF 35558
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 33847
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 31709
Length of pipeline training 28764
Ballz 3 (March DEV/Indoc class) 23618
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 23502
Reserves 23090
Topic Options
#3031 - 08/16/17 12:41 PM Seeking more information on cross-training process.
FuzionRain Offline
FNG

Loc: South Carolina
I'm currently an A1C with 2 years in service, and am looking to cross train into PJ. I have about a year until my early cross-train window opens up so that's the time I will be using to train my run/swim/cals.

My questions are pertaining to the cross training process, and go as follows:

I know the AF was downsizing and only accepting a few crosstrainees a couple years ago. What's the status of indoc date frequency now? Roughly how long would it take to get an indoc date?

When I leave for indoc, what happens to my stuff? I'm stationed stateside, so I'm assuming I leave it at my homestation when I leave for indoc...but assuming I make it, how do I get my things from my home station to the next place? Does it stay at my original home station through the entire pipeline? This includes all my house things, but also my car.

Is there anything I should know before meeting with a career counselor about cross training? I haven't technically done anything towards paperwork because I'm deployed for the next couple months (Qatar, so there's 2 pools here to keep my swim up). But when I get back, I will meet up with them.

What is the pipeline like for prior service? I will be a SrA when I go, and I expect to be given more leadership roles and to be put under more scrutiny...but anything else I should know?

Should I contact someone at the PJ schoolhouse during the crosstraining process? I've seen that being talked about before but don't know if it's necessary to get a date.

Thanks in advanced!

#3033 - 08/17/17 10:57 AM Re: Seeking more information on cross-training process. [Re: FuzionRain]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Nobody has the crystal ball to determine if there is an entry classification manpower position for ANY specific individual. Compounding the predicting difficulty is pararescue is less than 0.01 percent of the total manpower positions by grade and skill funded by the annual DOD Authorization Bill that is determined by the U.S. Congress.

As 100% of funded Pararescue manpower justified and earned to directly support combat, other operational needs more so than career field sustainment needs downsizing hasn't significantly affected how many funded pararescue manpower positions exist on the books, other than during the period 1952-1955. From the moment of award of the Pararescue 3-skill level there is requirement and expectation this service member will maintain a high degree of proficiency in their duties as outlined in the Pararescue CFETP. Skill level will also be commensurate with their rank.

Consequently, changeability in total number of Pararescue manpower positions have historically had less impact on accepting and approving cross trainees as Air Force enlisted skill level, rather than grade, the primary indicator with regard to experience and/or effectiveness required to perform a task. The 5-skill levels and higher are directly connected to combination of: (1)increased experience and/or effectiveness required to perform a task, and (2) being there leading or training others (jumpmaster, dive supervisor, team leader, aircrew instructor, Flight Examiner). Unfortunately available duty positions decrease as rank and grade increases. Thus there is less need for TSgts than for SSgts, and less need for MSgts than TSgts.

.As far as the pipeline for cross trainees, the cross training student is TDY to the Development and Indoc Courses. At some point after these two courses are successfully completed there is a PCS assignment to the Pararescue School at Kirtland AFB, NM.

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
1 registered (MaC2k1), 11 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Van, BC15, Russ83, civ_into_mil, Jose3012
3931 Registered Users