Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3616 Members
62 Forums
888 Topics
2876 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 202805
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 102481
TAPAS required? 38688
Age and going for SF 28233
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 27698
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 24671
Length of pipeline training 22296
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 19303
Reserves 17007
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 16297
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#413 - 01/17/15 02:23 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: RGSx7]
A_Sanchez02 Offline
FNG

Loc: Nevada
The assessment was very difficult. The Cadre want to make sure that they have a solid foundation to work with as far as water confidence, endurance, rucking abilities, leadership, teamwork and intellect. My team was getting smoked with burpees and 8 counts constantly. We started with 14, ended with 7 and two were selected. Aside from the rigorous demands of the training, the assessment team personnel was awesome(psych doctors, cadre, chiefs). Very passionate about what they do. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to send me a PM. The assessment I attended did not cover finning at all.

#415 - 01/17/15 04:32 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Dylanderson Offline
Apprentice

Loc: MS
Congrats on completing the assessment. Seeing as they only chose 2 of the 7 who completed must mean you really need to stand out. What are your plans now for the future?

#417 - 01/17/15 05:24 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Dylanderson]
A_Sanchez02 Offline
FNG

I appreciate it. Unfortunately I was not one of the 2 selected. However, my retraining package is still open and the Chief will be letting me attend the assessment in either April or August. They liked what they saw from me. I just need to tweak a couple things. Mainly running endurance. As an NCO, a lot more is required/expected of you to be pushed through the pipeline. They need to know that you are fully ready and capable for the training demands.

#418 - 01/17/15 05:34 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Dylanderson Offline
Apprentice

Roger that. If you don't mind me asking how long is the assessment? Is it a full week?

#419 - 01/17/15 05:35 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Dylanderson]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: Dylanderson
Seeing as they only chose 2 of the 7 who completed must mean you really need to stand out.
Correct as long as it is understood this statistic applies only to this specific assessment.

The point being is there is a finite known availability of COIE quotas for cross trainee applicants and more applicants arrive at the assessment than is needed.

Context being TIG as a SSgt if higher than others may have influenced the decision if the standout performance was indistinguishable from the SrA and lower TIG SSgts. The critical or essential information of this context is do not compare yourself to others who got selected or not selected to judge or guess your chances. If you get the opportunity to go, then go and not only give your best, but give your all.

#422 - 01/17/15 06:54 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Yukon]
Dylanderson Offline
Apprentice

Originally Posted By: Yukon
If you get the opportunity to go, then go and not only give your best, but give your all.

Thank You for this advice Yukon.

#423 - 01/18/15 09:45 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Dylanderson]
A_Sanchez02 Offline
FNG

I received 6 travel days total. We were assessed Monday through Friday.

#435 - 01/21/15 04:38 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
K_Robles87 Offline
FNG

Loc: Texas
congrats on making it through the assessment sanchez. I wish I had been better prepared mentally for it. I can only hope they will let me go back. I feel like it was a waste for me to go there to only fail the PAST and look like a dumb ass to them.

#437 - 01/21/15 11:18 AM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: K_Robles87]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Originally Posted By: K_Robles87
I feel like it was a waste for me to go there to only fail the PAST and look like a dumb ass to them.
Ouch, but one would expect the applicant on active duty attempting to retrain out of one AFSC into the PJ, CCT, SOW, and TACP AFSCs would be the ones least to fail the PAST.

The SIE and other elimination Stats do not vary much from the stats of those entering training directly out of BMT.

On 5 April 2014 the TACP Preparatory course posted "Two more prior service slots were wasted this past class. Do your research people. You have to train at a level higher than the PAST."

This was after the following posts:

2 June 2014: You are wrong, and your supervisor is wrong, if you failed a PAST at your unit, prior to your TACP Prep date, and then show up at Prep and fail the PAST again. We will send you home. No questions asked. As NCO's and Airmen, you should be physically prepared to meet the minimum entry level standards when you show up.

28 April 2014: Retrainees, do not show up at the TACP Prep Course with a PAST score sheet almost a year old. It's valid only 45 days prior to Prep. We have the ETCA on the internet that all NCO's should be familiar with. Its your guide that tells you what to bring. Lastly, do not show up knowing you don't have the capacity to pass the PAST. That's a big waste of tax payers $$ and a waste of instructors time.

#438 - 01/21/15 01:49 PM Re: Retraining Assessment [Re: Goose]
Yukon Offline
Operator

I just got the following info from HQ AETC, apparently TAPAS is now part of the application/retraining package:

When they contact AFPC about retraining they should receive information about where they can accomplish it, which is at a local MEPS, recruiting station, or through an online secure login process.

Retraining policy did not provide a document stating this but stated it was directed from HAF A1.

Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 13 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
1 registered (NWakin), 7 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JustAnotherCone, Jolly_Green_Cone, Swimbikerun20, darth_finley, yusuke
3616 Registered Users