Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3430 Members
62 Forums
851 Topics
2761 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 167327
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 86181
TAPAS required? 32057
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 26024
Age and going for SF 24948
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 21191
Length of pipeline training 19451
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 17979
Physical Ability and Stamina Test (PAST) Guidance 14569
Reserves 14342
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55 - 11/23/14 01:12 AM CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old
TE Offline

Operator

Loc: Varies
Course description:

The scope of this training requires cadre to introduce, develop, and hone students mental and physical skills required to graduate their follow-on PJ Indoctrination Course. The two-week course requires cadre to provide student-athlete centered mentoring/coaching in running, calisthenics, swimming, water confidence, PJ/CRO history, roles and responsibilities/career field duties/mission, life saving, team building skills, sports nutrition, exercise physiology, and psychological enhancement training. Students must come prepared to learn the techniques presented which will help establish a solid foundation for successful graduation in the follow-on course.

Development Course water confidence and Fin swim evals:

1) Under Waters 25m X5 @ 3 min
2) Mask/Snorkel recovery 15m x 2
3) Buddy Breathing Mild @ 1 min
4) Treading water 30sec X2
5) Fin swim 500m @ 11min 30sec

You take the PAST the first day of the Development Course and must pass it to continue in the development course.

#265 - 01/05/15 09:48 AM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
BrandonMarin Offline
FNG

Loc: Biloxi, MS USA
I understand that the PAST will be administered prior to leaving for BMT, but after BMT, what if you fail the test at the Development course?

#266 - 01/05/15 10:41 AM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Geewhiz87 Offline
FNG

Loc: Langley AFB
It Depends. You may get dropped i.e. get discharged, you may get a chance to re class, or you may be given a chance to wash out into the BATTLE program. You will not know until you are there, as things may have changed with the current climate of the USAF. You may not get to opt in any other opportunities for all you know. Source, I was there for the March 10 - 21 at the PJ Development course and did not pass.

#267 - 01/05/15 11:41 AM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
The depends has a formal decision policy matrix. Not successfully completing the course has nothing in common with failing the PAST administered training day-one of the development course or the indoctrination course.

Current climate is such failure will most likely result in separation (discharge) from the Air Force. However Air Guard and AF Reserve students may more likely find themselves disposed of with an involuntary entry classification into some other AFSC.

Also wash "out" is not official terminology. More likely 'washback" which is official terminology was meant.

Washback simply means starting the course from day one in the next scheduled class. Being placed into Battle means supervised remedial training. PAST failures on training day one of the PJ-CRO Development course or PJ Indoc Course are not washed backed.

Nobody gets a training quota into the PJ-CRO Development or PJ-CRO Indoc courses without passing the PAST. Unless a medical causal is involved there is no reasonable causal for a PAST fail at any time or moment upon and after reporting to BMT.

#292 - 01/07/15 06:20 AM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Geewhiz87 Offline
FNG

Loc: Langley AFB
Yukon, you are correct both in my wrongful use in terms and pointing out the difference between failing to pass the PJ Development course and not passing the PAST on the first day. I was unaware that there differneces and wrongfully thought that each failure was more or less lumped into the same catagory. I will make sure take a more thoughtful approach next time instead of making any more mistakes in assumtions. I did not intend to put out any wrong information. Thank you very much for the information as it did correct the information from my post

Edited by Geewhiz87 (01/07/15 06:22 AM)
Edit Reason: misspelled wrongfully, forgot the w

#459 - 01/22/15 03:53 PM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Torres Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Malmstrom AFB, MT
Hello,

I am curious about the Development Course for retrainees. If a retrainee passes the course, how soon would they enter the Indoctrination Course?

Because the member is retraining, would they travel back to their home station after passing the Development course and wait for the Indoc Course date? or...

Would the member stay at Lackland following the Dev Course until Indoc starts?

Also, if a retrainee is already EMT certified (basic and/or paramedic) would that part of the pipeline be "skipped"? Could the member ask to attend the course anyway or would that be a funding issue to save the AF money?

#460 - 01/22/15 03:57 PM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
BEAR13 Offline
Apprentice

Loc: OK
The way it generally works, this is the way it was when I was there and my buddy is also currently on team and it's how it was for him, Dev course will start on a monday and end on Friday of the second week. After that weekend is when day 1 of indoc starts. So i don't think you would be returning home.

#463 - 01/22/15 06:47 PM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Yukon Offline
Operator

The basic EMT and Paramedic is taught after the student is PCSed to the Apprentice Course (CRO/PJ School) at Kirtland AFB, NM. Although the certification test and perhaps certain training blocks may be skipped it's not actually part of the courses in TDY status pipeline.

Passing the apprentice course requires being signed off on all the required skills and knowledge. Signing off the basic EMT and Paramedic is not going to happen by pencil whipping.

cfetp1t2xx from page 22 thru to page 41 identifies roughly the required core skill task proficiencies necessary to be qualified for award of 3-skill level.

Roughly is used to emphasize core skill description does not necessarily give awareness of the depth and breadth of the training objectives and lesson plans encountered in the course.

#464 - 01/22/15 06:59 PM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: Torres]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Originally Posted By: Torres

Because the member is retraining, would they travel back to their home station after passing the Development course and wait for the Indoc Course date? or...
A retrainee in the Development Course is already booked for the immediate next PJ Indoc course having a start date after the end date of the development course.

A send back to home station is most often connected to elimination from training and not a situation of waiting for the next course in the training pipeline prior to PCSing to Kirtland AFB.

#745 - 02/20/15 03:09 PM Re: CRO & PJ Development Course Description [Re: TE]
Torres Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Malmstrom AFB, MT
Is this...

"Development Course water confidence and Fin swim evals:

1) Under Waters 25m X5 @ 3 min
2) Mask/Snorkel recovery 15m x 2
3) Buddy Breathing Mild @ 1 min
4) Treading water 30sec X2
5) Fin swim 500m @ 11min 30sec"

...what is worked on throughout the Development Course or is this more or less the test to pass the Development Course at the end?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Airmanbasicb, SOWT, dman31, pullease, Ween
3430 Registered Users