Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3727 Members
62 Forums
909 Topics
2926 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 231049
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 116314
TAPAS required? 44223
Age and going for SF 30875
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 29040
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 28051
Length of pipeline training 24562
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 20311
Reserves 19157
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 18734
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66 - 11/24/14 11:26 AM Length of pipeline training
Nick Offline
FNG

Loc: Michigan
Good afternoon everyone,

I have doing some research online, and everyone points to this website as the location for accurate answers. I have added up the days for the initial phases from the information provided to me from my recruiter.

CCSC 10 days
ATC 72 days
Airborne 15 days
SERE 17 days
CCS 61 days

Approximately 25 weeks of training

I know AST is between 12-18 months, so my question is. If takes around 2-2.5 years to complete the pipeline where is all that extra time going? I know there is travel time and waiting for the next school to start, but is it really 27 weeks of that?

Is the down time between schools just PT all day? What generally happens during this time if the wait between schools is more than a week or two, are candidates able to use leave time?

Last really simple question being prior service Army I have plenty of good tan boots for ruck marches. Would it be in my best interest to buy a few pairs of the sage boots to break in during my training, or will tan boots be acceptable?

Thank you for the help

#67 - 11/24/14 12:34 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Nick]
Yukon Offline
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
For CCT the 2-2.5 years includes AST.

Each AFSC has its own unique total number of courses in the AFSC pipeline. For example I believe (I haven't counted lately) Combat Control Apprentice is the sixth course in the
initial skills pipeline training pipeline. It technically is the end of the pipeline as successful completion of the Combat Control Apprentice Course results in award of 3-skill level and pass on to AST.

For CCT successful completion of AST is required for first duty assignment. AST is technically an added pipeline requirement.

The current CFETP discloses the Combat Control Apprentice pipeline provides: Preparation for Combat Control physical and mission requirements (Combat Control Selection Course); Air Traffic Control Training (Combat Control Operator Courses); Basic jump training (Army Airborne), and Combat Survival Training.

Hopefully a current CCT will weigh in as I'm still busy getting info added to the forums.

#69 - 11/24/14 02:34 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Yukon]
Nick Offline
FNG

Thank you for the clarification, and for adding info to the site.

#102 - 12/03/14 05:33 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Nick]
cone Offline
FNG

Loc: Nd
Downtime between schools is located in Texas and it is pt Monday through Friday. Usually 3 workouts each day. Swim Ruck or Run followed by two cal sessions.

CCTTRAINEE

#154 - 12/11/14 07:45 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: cone]
Nick Offline
FNG

Thanks for the update on the time between schools. Just have to wait now, and see if they will take me in after I graduate in May because I am prior service.

#995 - 04/02/15 05:51 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: cone]
JD321 Offline
FNG

Loc: FL
How long are the breaks between schools in cct?

#999 - 04/03/15 09:49 AM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Nick]
PepperUrAngus Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
The numbers you posted in the original post are only training days, so week days. They don't account for weekends or non-training days. The actual days for CCSC is more like 12 days and ATC is a total of 99 days. Catch my drift? More like 37 weeks of training total.

You will sometimes have down time between schools. about 2-4 weeks between selection and ATC. Another few weeks for some people from ATC to Airborne/SERE and then 3-6 months before CCS/SOWAC since they only start those classes in Sept, Jan, March, and June.

During that downtime you go to 'BATTLE' at Medina which is what cone described. You get up at 6, eat, go to 7am accountability, then do your cardio session (run, ruck, swim). Come back to a workout, go to lunch, rest, go back and do a second workout. Done by 3pm. Rinse and repeat Mon-Fri. You're there to train for your next school.

-Wannabe

Edited by Towelthief (04/03/15 09:51 AM)

#1263 - 05/22/15 10:46 AM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Nick]
Kayem Offline
FNG

Loc: CA
Do you see your family at all in the CCT pipeline (before AST)? That must be hard on families if you're out 37+ weeks for training.

#1371 - 06/11/15 06:29 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Kayem]
PepperUrAngus Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
You can take leave but most likely you wont be able to take leave until after ATC and then you have to take it around Airborne and SERE. Many people take leave after those 2 schools and before CCS. So about 20 weeks into it.

You can also have your spouse or family come down to San Antonio and get a hotel pass and be with them for a weekend.

Yes it's hard on families. But what I am describing is primarily only for Non-Prior Service CCT trainees.

If you are a cross trainee with prior service you just go back to your home base after every school. Which is a lot easier on a family then being gone for close to a year.

Also SOWT trainees PCS to Keesler for their 7 month weather course. during this time if they have a family (prior service or NPS) they can move them down after completion of the 3 month team course.

Edited by Towelthief (06/11/15 06:32 PM)

#1411 - 06/21/15 01:35 PM Re: Length of pipeline training [Re: Nick]
Quillin Offline
FNG

Loc: California
I realize this is the CCT thread but I've got basically the same question except I've got a PJ contract. Is it safe to assume that the time between schools is the same as described above? Basically work out M-F?

My question is: Do you have base liberty after the day's work is done Monday through Friday? Do you have Town Liberty?

What about on weekends? I realize Towelthief answered above, but I was hoping for confirmation for those going PJ route.

I am asking in general but also to see if it makes sense for my wife to stay a bit longer after BMT graduation as there appears to be 2 weeks between BMT and Dev Course.

Much Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
FullJ, 123456, Dunn, GotGuts, ZachL
3727 Registered Users