Kettlebell! | TRX | Elite Rings | TAC Gear | Jet Fins | Neanderthin

Forum Home Do not ask questions that violate OPSEC parameters. Read the ROEs and do a search before posting a question! Do not answer a question unless your information is from verified sources and accurate!
Forum Stats
3623 Members
62 Forums
891 Topics
2880 Posts

Max Online: 952 @ 12/16/16 12:18 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
Retraining Assessment 204659
Women joining Air Force Special Operations Units, your thoughts? 103186
TAPAS required? 38961
Age and going for SF 28369
Operator and Trainee Workout Programs 27756
CRO & PJ Development Course Description-old 24891
Length of pipeline training 22381
FY 15 PJ/CCT/CRO/STO/SOWT Pipeline Course Dates 19368
Reserves 17097
Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout 16447
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80 - 11/27/14 11:46 PM Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout
TE Offline

Operator

Loc: Varies
Attached is the SORL workout.

Attachments
SORL_DEP_Workout_Phase_1_and_2.pdf (862 downloads)
Description: SORL recommended workout for PJ/CCT/SOWT preperation.

Blank Interval sheet MASTER.xlsx (199 downloads)
Description: Interval Spread. This is the excel spreadsheet from the pdf SORL workout.

FTT KB.jpg (146 downloads)
Description: 14 week Kettlebell routine

#237 - 01/01/15 09:39 AM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
Seth Offline
FNG

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
Would you recommend this over Military Athlete's CCT/PJ/CRO Selection Training Plan? I have read that Gym Jones and Military/Mountain Athlete are used by Tier-1 units and figure their selection packages can't be too far behind.

#238 - 01/01/15 11:46 AM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
Yukon Online   content
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
It is not the workout plan that is of use, it is actually adhering with correct/best practice to a daily physical fitness routine that is of importance. Plans give choices that hopefully offers at least one option somebody will commit to doing.

#242 - 01/02/15 08:50 AM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
sdr Offline
FNG

I would recommend working on crushing the PAST with Perfect form. When that is handled with grad standards move on and get creative with your workout routine. You won't have opportunity to do anything else if you show up at development course and fail your PAST because your didn't do the simple exercise correctly.

#775 - 02/22/15 03:06 PM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
Jay_Pew Offline
Apprentice

Loc: USA
So is this training schedule "highly recommended" as an effective way to be ready for indoc/selection? I'm looking for a program and I've seen this one before and the military athlete one and I'm curious as to which will be better suited?

#798 - 02/24/15 01:08 AM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
TE Offline

Operator

Loc: Varies
That will work or any/most of the others on this site. It's not the specific program that is important it's simply making a commitment to push yourself each and every workout...I've said it a 1,000 times before...we didn't have the internet to research what we were getting in to...we simply did what had to be done. We did calisthenics every day except Sunday at the OL-J...we ran and swam every day...along with everything else that the instructors could throw at us...we didn't worry about over training because we didn't have a concept of what that was...here is what our final eval in the 8th week of indoc looked like:

Push-ups 90
Sit-ups 90
Pull ups 18
Chin ups 20
Run: 6 miles/42 minutes
4000M swim 80 mins
6 or 8 under-waters 2 min intervals
35M mask and snorkel recovery
Bobbing
8 crossovers full equipment (weight belt, SCUBA tanks w/water, mask, fins, and full harassment)

You don't need the perfect program. I administered a PAST to two guys at Langley and one worked in an engine shop and one worked out to prepare for the PAST...guess who passed? The engine shop guy...he said he "gets a great workout lugging engines around all day"...that worked for him. I'm sure he may have swam and ran, etc...but he didn't OBSESS about the perfect program...and he had no problem doing great on the the PAST.

The internet is great for finding information but don't think you need every bit of information to succeed...we want guys that can make decisions based on limited information. Do whatever program you like that will work on your weaknesses and still allow you to improve overall...the key is DOING it...not looking for the "perfect" or "better suited" program...it doesn't exist...choose one on this site or any other site, or come up with your own...but do the one that keeps you motivated and hungry and coming back for more...then change to something else.

Lots of guys have done it before you with the help of this site and the internet...lots of guys did it before the internet, with help from themselves.

Good luck and train hard!

#926 - 03/17/15 05:53 PM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
Jay_Pew Offline
Apprentice

Loc: USA
Another question about this workout program. How much rest should one be taking, for the calethstenics, after each individual excersise (if any). Like for example, would 30 seconds or so after something like pushups be too much time before doing the next excersise?

#932 - 03/18/15 12:30 PM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: Jay_Pew]
Yukon Online   content
Operator

Loc: Anchorage AK
Originally Posted By: Jay_Pew
How much rest should one be taking, for the calethstenics, after each individual excersise (if any).
Difficult question as I was never a body builder, but a worker. From age 10 to 17 I was cutting down trees, cutting said trees into logs and splitting logs into cords. No power tools used. I also worked for the local garbage company from age 14-16 on the back of the truck picking up the trash cans and emptying them into truck. Also during summer and fall months I was in fields lifting bales of hay onto pickup and flatbed trucks. I don't recall very many coffee or soda/koolaid breaks lasting more than few seconds to gulp down the drink.

Otherwise I'm pretty much saying in real life the physical demand does not accommodate the do not hurt the poor little darlings rule. Considering this perspective, the military services generic rest between sets guidance is adequate if the particular or specific workout gives no such guidance. For example, check out the PAST guidance info, for rest times. There are also other workouts that suggest rest time between sets.

#937 - 03/19/15 09:07 PM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
TY Offline
FNG

Loc: PA
For this specific program...it is written in an almost CrossFit style. Therefore, for most benefit, Id suggest doing the workouts as written - "for time" means as fast as possible/rest only when unable to continue because of fatigue.

#975 - 03/26/15 12:27 PM Re: Special Operations Recruiter Liaison Workout [Re: TE]
TVanE Offline
FNG

Loc: WI
I've been trying to focus on improving my running, this plan's running section looks like it would be helpful to me, however I don't understand how to run the "Knockouts" interval workout (the 7th interval workout listed) Would somebody please explain? I think the wording is throwing me off.

I'll write a post if I figure it out by myself, but at the moment this isn't making sense to me. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RIKR 
Google Search
Custom Search
Share |
Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
vtac, bonerunner56, Hans, Otto, jbaf612
3623 Registered Users